Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conan (2011 film)

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The same guy that played Arnold in a biographical film and was his body double for Terminator Salvation? Are they trying to make the same film over again or something? Try something different!

ViP

United States
    There aren't too many beefy actors around that are worth a shit these days. I draw a blank when I try to cast this one.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Fuck reboots. A reboot usually means that either a studio is too pussy to invest in an pre-existing fanbase and wants to pitch to the goldfish-brained teenie-market, or a writer is too lazy to bother doing his research for continuity so ignores it altogether and calls it a "reboot".

If they'd've brought back Milius, Stone, Arnold and Gerry Lopez (yes, fucking Subotei, where was he in Destroyer?), and made a movie about the latter days of King Conan (as promised in the previous films, dammit), the existing base of Conan fans would have gone nuts. Remember, a large portion of Robert E. Howard's original stories were set when Conan was King of Aquilonia in his older years. They could have brought in a youthful actor to play Conan's young protege and satisfy the younger crowd.

But no - REBOOT - they shit on everything and start again.

A well-loved movie franchise should not be treated like a broken computer, IMO.

capncnut
    Jeez, what a no brainer.

Why not just give the guy on the far right a call?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The thing that gets me about that picture is the Jurassic Park logos in the background.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Photoshopped?

United States
    Why the FUCK are they remaking Conan the Barbarian?!?!??! There are so many other Conan stories to tell. Jesus jumped up Christ that is just fucking stupid. . . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Hurm. All the Howard purists I know are going to be screaming blue murder (again), but those that are only familiar w/ the films will be ok w/ it.

I just hope they do it kinda as a sequel, picking up somewhere after the 1st do & don't do a LITERAL remake...been there, seen it, done it. 1st one was awesome. Doesn't need a remake.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Hurm. All the Howard purists I know are going to be screaming blue murder (again), but those that are only familiar w/ the films will be ok w/ it.

I just hope they do it kinda as a sequel, picking up somewhere after the 1st do & don't do a LITERAL remake...been there, seen it, done it. 1st one was awesome. Doesn't need a remake.
    Exactly!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    They're not remaking anything. They're making another Conan film.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Fuck reboots. A reboot usually means that either a studio is too pussy to invest in an pre-existing fanbase and wants to pitch to the goldfish-brained teenie-market, or a writer is too lazy to bother doing his research for continuity so ignores it altogether and calls it a "reboot".

If they'd've brought back Milius, Stone, Arnold and Gerry Lopez (yes, fucking Subotei, where was he in Destroyer?), and made a movie about the latter days of King Conan (as promised in the previous films, dammit), the existing base of Conan fans would have gone nuts. Remember, a large portion of Robert E. Howard's original stories were set when Conan was King of Aquilonia in his older years. They could have brought in a youthful actor to play Conan's young protege and satisfy the younger crowd.
    *claps*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

what the frak ever happened to the "red nails" anime flick? what i saw of that looked pretty cool. ron perlman was gonna do the voice of conan.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    isn't that one dude from the queers of war game?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    isn't that one dude from the queers of war game?
    This sentence is possibly one of the most confusing and intruiging sentences that I have ever read.

All I have to say to it is. . .huh?