Thread: Blu-ray confirmed for Xbox 360?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Blu-ray confirmed for Xbox 360?

I can't help but think with moves like this That MS keeps conceeding that they brought a console out to market that clearly wasn't ready.

In any case I've got my ps3 so it's a moot issue for me.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6237577...dlines;title;1

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    I don't think it needs BR personally, it's doing just fine without.

United States
    Digital downloads are creeping up as the preferred method of obtaining my media these days, so the appeal of Blu-ray has really deteriorated this past year or so.

That said, if this isn't a mistake and it's priced reasonably, I may bite.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I don't think it needs BR personally, it's doing just fine without.
    I think it's more a thing of not giving people a reason to buy a ps3. Pretty much the only thing the ps3 has over the 360 IS blu ray. Take that away and they've got nothing.

Very smart on mS's part. Just as rushing a console to market was simply to get the jump on sony, which in retrospect was a stroke of genius for them even if hordes of people got a RROD out of it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Digital downloads are creeping up as the preferred method of obtaining my media these days, so the appeal of Blu-ray has really deteriorated this past year or so.

That said, if this isn't a mistake and it's priced reasonably, I may bite.
    It will be a very sad day when I can't buy a dvd and hold it in my hands. I was already depressed when chapter inserts & booklets stopped being included.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    unsurprisingly a microsoft spokesperson has already dismissed this, why would you think thy would use sony's format to being with this late in the game?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    unsurprisingly a microsoft spokesperson has already dismissed this, why would you think thy would use sony's format to being with this late in the game?
    They might as well wait till the next generation.

Also, it's retarded to play movies on your console, because the power consumption is much higher than using a stand-alone player.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

Well i guess that's that then..or is it?

I just can't help but think why would any huge corporation allow their closest competitor to offer a feature/service that they don't? It doesn't make sense. But i guess time will tell.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well i guess that's that then..or is it?
    yes, yes it is. hush now you.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    They might as well wait till the next generation.

Also, it's retarded to play movies on your console, because the power consumption is much higher than using a stand-alone player.
    Waiting til the next generation can cost them a potential millions of dollars, and you know they're money hungry little buggers. The next gen of consoles most likely won't be until 2012/2013 or maybe even later; that's at least 3 years worth of revenue they could intake from a Blu-Ray add-on.