Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. Unemployment Rate Up Higher than Expected

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While Bush and his war allowed Pertol prices to skyrocket it also sank our economy. The entire worls economy is built ont he price of oil and if it continues to climb t will never recover, simple fact.

Everything we are going through right now are failed policies of the Bush administration and everyone expect Obama to clean it up in 3 weeks. Get fucking real, you can't undo 8 years of damage in 10 months, just not going to happen.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Cracks me up that the people on the tv news keep saying "the recession is over".

What are they smoking? The unemployment rate during the Great Depression fluctuated between 14% and 19%. The Great Fucking Depression.

But oh, 10+% unemployment "isn't even a recession". By whose dictionary?! Are these people even living on this planet? Doesn't seem like it; seems like they're reporting from some alternate dimension.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    While Bush and his war allowed Pertol prices to skyrocket it also sank our economy. The entire worls economy is built ont he price of oil and if it continues to climb t will never recover, simple fact.

Everything we are going through right now are failed policies of the Bush administration and everyone expect Obama to clean it up in 3 weeks. Get fucking real, you can't undo 8 years of damage in 10 months, just not going to happen.
    Sorry Gary, not this time. Bush didn't have a damn thing to do with the Obama administration tripling the deficit. Libs like you will never hold Obama accountable for anything...you will simply say it's the Bush administration's fault. I just can hear the lame excuses you will have a year from now. Real leaders don't go around saying they inherited problems, they don't make excuses. Every time I hear him he's basically saying, "It's not my fault". This is a weak, impotent administration and history will bear that out.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Fox News... baka.
    Anywhere, perhaps the Obama admin is weak and inept, but it still beats Bush! Anyhow, who cares? The world's gonna end in a few years, so it doesn't really matter, does it? Not like we can do anything to change anything...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeasonOfFire View Post
    Seriously, all the guy does is hang out at his ranch in Crawford Texas OH WAIT THAT WAS YOUR HOMEY GEORGE BUSH. That's cool though, I'm sure if we dug far enough back you took Bush to task for taking like, the second most vacation days ever for a President (during a war nonetheless). Right?
    Wanna change the argument to being about Bush? Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula...we are not talking about Bush. Bush didn't get his ass kissed 24/7 by the media. Bush didn't make silly, child like promises such as "Yes we can" and "Hope & change". Your apparent hero Obama, has already played more golf in his first ten months than Bush did in 8 years! And guess what? Obama is a war time president as well, yet it does not stop him from partying with Oprah and George Clooney, playing a shit load of hoops, and of course hitting the greens. Are you gonna take your messiah to task for anything?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Wanna change the argument to being about Bush? Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula...we are not talking about Bush. Bush didn't get his ass kissed 24/7 by the media. Bush didn't make silly, child like promises such as "Yes we can" and "Hope & change". Your apparent hero Obama, has already played more golf in his first ten months than Bush did in 8 years! And guess what? Obama is a war time president as well, yet it does not stop him from partying with Oprah and George Clooney, playing a shit load of hoops, and of course hitting the greens. Are you gonna take your messiah to task for anything?
    So instead of having a discussion you say "grow up" and then result to name calling. Way to contradict yourself there. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, that's why I usually ignore your posts.

Silly, child like promises, that makes me laugh, your so ignorant.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

United States
    i'd rather hear a president say 'yes we can'
    and 'hope and change' instead of 'bring it on"
    and lets not forget the best thing he said to
    all the soldiers fighting overseas..."mission accomplished"

Yes the recession started in 2007 but the last adminstration
    refused to acknowledge it or take steps to fix it.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/ka...12/daily4.html
    The stimulus package that bailed out Wall st was passed
    while Bush was still in office, so his hands arent clean on
    any deficit increases either.

http://costofwar.com/
    tell me these arent adding to our nations finacial woes.

But no one can complain really.
    You voted Bush in twice.
    like they say 'you get the government you deserve'
    and that goes for Obama as well.
    Whatever good or bad he does we chose it.

Undisclosed
    UMAD BRO?

Obama is hardly my hero, but let's be "fair and balanced" here. You can't support someone like Bush (who spent almost 500 days at Camp David, and almost 500 days at his ranch in Crawford in his eight year Presidency) then turn around and insinuate Obama has been slack in his duties because he is averaging a day of golf per month he has been president.

If you are going to criticize, at least get grounded in reality. I know you guys are mad and bitter and all, but wow.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    So instead of having a discussion you say "grow up" and then result to name calling. Way to contradict yourself there. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, that's why I usually ignore your posts.

Silly, child like promises, that makes me laugh, your so ignorant.
    Peter Pan and Count Chocula hardly qualify as name calling. Bush was not the subject of my original post, in case you didn't notice.
    Having you think of me as ignorant, well I'll take that as compliment...considering the source.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeasonOfFire View Post
    UMAD BRO?

Obama is hardly my hero, but let's be "fair and balanced" here. You can't support someone like Bush (who spent almost 500 days at Camp David, and almost 500 days at his ranch in Crawford in his eight year Presidency) then turn around and insinuate Obama has been slack in his duties because he is averaging a day of golf per month he has been president.

If you are going to criticize, at least get grounded in reality. I know you guys are mad and bitter and all, but wow.
    Who say's I'm a Bush supporter? Again, you want to change the subject. I don't have a fraction of the hatred, if you want to call it that, for Obama that you and guys like you on the left had for Bush. I wonder though if Bush thinks to himself why he even bothered going to the measures he did to protect Americans when so many of them, like you for example, hated his guts.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    i'd rather hear a president say 'yes we can'
    and 'hope and change' instead of 'bring it on"
    and lets not forget the best thing he said to
    all the soldiers fighting overseas..."mission accomplished"

"Yes we can" and "hope & change" mean nothing. They are hollow words. The fact that so many Americans are so naive to believe for one second, that Obama actually cares about them and their welfare is unbelievable. In this day and age where everyone is cynical and doesn't believe in anything any more, how did he pull this bullshit off? It's like they put something in the drinking water or something.

Super Moderator

Germany
    There is nothing unexpected about the current unemployment rate. I heard estimates from economists in the double digits over a year ago for the end of 2009. For once the estimates were correct.

Undisclosed
    I suppose we can agree to disagree! All I'm saying is we need to stay fair in our "Presidents taking too much vacation" critique. If you are posting about Obama now, if you turned a blind eye to Bush it makes you kind of a hypocrite.

Yes, I disagreed with most of what Bush did, but I am not so ignorantly blinded by hatred for the guy that I will blast every single thing he did, nor will I ignore the good things he accomplished such as fighting AIDS in Africa on a massive scale and putting loads more money into community health care centers. Not to mention getting troops into Afghanistan quickly to put Al-Qaeda on the ropes, though that effort got derailed a bit by the Iraq invasion.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    On a lighter note, clowns.
    Nothing light about clowns, man. They're creepy. Creepy, creepy clowns.
    Can't sleep, clown will eat me. Can't sleep, clown will eat me...

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ah Wooley, the rain is impairing your vision, I see. For this reference, watch The Tick: The Animated Series Episode 1. Seriously, I'm sick of people thinking clowns are scary. Why not ballerinas? Why aren't people afraid of them?