Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn of the Dead TV Series?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    How exactly is having "both runners and shamblers" gonna work? Surely the runners would arrive at the mall (if, indeed, a mall features) before the shamblers, with the shamblers relegated to the back of the crowd. We'll never see them.
    Well, think of it in terms of old people as mall walkers, they're slow and feeble-like, but compensate by getting there early.

Really, they'll just fit in shamblers where a slow menacing 'creepy' approach is required and put fast zombies in where a frenetic pace is required.

Ohhh-waaa-ah-ah-ahhh!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    How exactly is having "both runners and shamblers" gonna work? Surely the runners would arrive at the mall (if, indeed, a mall features) before the shamblers, with the shamblers relegated to the back of the crowd. We'll never see them.

Perhaps they're going to play up the rigormortis angle that we've brought up here a few times?

Speaking of rigormortis what's up with yojimbo? Anyone know?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, think of it in terms of old people as mall walkers, they're slow and feeble-like, but compensate by getting there early.

Really, they'll just fit in shamblers where a slow menacing 'creepy' approach is required and put fast zombies in where a frenetic pace is required.

Ohhh-waaa-ah-ah-ahhh!
    Yeah, but how would they get there before the runners? And if the survivors are fighting a crowd for runners and walkers - they're gonna have to stay ahead of the runners primarily, by the time the walkers overtake them they're gonna be dead already.

My prediction, walkers will be used for "window dressing", runners will be the main enemy, and there will be other types of monsters too, a la Resident Evil.

It's early days I know but... we'll see.

United States
    MTV is still around? Seriously, I have not watched it since.....I guess when Beavis and Butthead were on. When was that?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Honestly, they can't do any worse than the crap they peddle as zombie movies now days anyway.

Yes, I'm talking to you to Gar.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    And on this week's episode of Real World - Monroeville Mall...

Christi - "So, like, I don't know what Britni was thinking. I'd totally staked out my spot in Macy's, you know, between cosmetics and purses. I had this cute little Coach but I also had a Louis Vitton picked out for evening, and since we like own the whole mall now, which is bitchin, I could have both. And then that skank-ho Britni was all up in my face about how we needed to get to JCPenney's and I was like, no I am not shopping at Penney's. And then I was like, your dad really needs some skin regimen cause he's like all chapped and stuff and his lip is split like all the way to his forehead, and I wouldn't have noticed but he totally made a pass at me, all grabbing at me and stuff, and she totally started crying and calling me bitch and running off. Like what's up with her, ya know? And my neck really itches where Bobby was kissing me. I mean, like he was totally biting and stuff like an animal. He drew blood and stuff. It was gnarly. And now it's all red and itchy and I feel bad. I hope he didn't give me some kind of like STD, you know, one of the mouth ones. I gotta go, someone's like shooting guns or something. So lame. Britni's a bitch... xoxoxox"
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

capncnut
    This is the final nail in the coffin for Dawn. Isn't it bad enough that most moviegoers instantly associate Dawn with Snyder's turd remake? Now they got to make a series about it?

Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    My reaction to this news is similar to Franklin's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fkne3ATWlk
    Haha, you just had me rolling up with that.

United States
    mtv and a dawn of the dead spin-off? well, that tidbit of news officially ruined my fucking day/week/month/year.

Undisclosed
    Can't wait for their cross over show at some point with Jersey Shore.

Last edited by C5NOTLD; 07-Jan-2010 at 06:47 PM.

United States
    I dunno...could be really good...especially if what I hear is true

HAHAHA! SIKE! FAKED YER MIND!

Undisclosed
    I don't understand how the Romero rape is so easily peddled. I mean someone is putting up big money for these Creepshows, Day of the Deads and Dawns and how the hell is it netting a profit?

ViP

United States
    the link isn't working anymore

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    the link isn't working anymore
    It took quite a while, but it eventually came up for me. This is the kind of thing that I would WANT to like...however, it is hard to imagine that it would be anything other than total shit on MtV. Something like that would need to be on HBO or Showtime to do it justice.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh god, no! Where's NotLD: the series?! Entertainment industry bastards.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it is BS, the link is dead and just reverts to the official BD homepage.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*