Thread: Gun Knowledge (for the pros)

Banned
    Banned User

United States

Gun Knowledge (for the pros)

Right, so there's this new Gorillaz image out, and I was wondering if any of you guys (or gals) knew what kind of gun is in it. If you could help me out here, that would be great. Link: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2555/40742890.jpg

United States
    You've got to be shitting me ... this is an artist's conception of a gun ... let's see what we can deduce ... front sight seems to be consistent with the Kalashnikov family ... front pistol grip (common COMBLOC, with specialized weapons, at least) 100 round drum magazine (a number of nations use them), reciever, unknown ... heat shield (ribs), unknown ...

This is a drawing ...

Okay, Blind, what is this particular gun's designation?

-stray-

England
    I would say its a Madeup 58 bullpup, with a custom alice in wonderland folding stock & an Art-Imp 100 round drum mag

Canada
    It looks like something that I'd see in some shitty anime from North Korea.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    North Korea doesn't have... never mind. Anyhow, thanks for your help everyone!

Canada
    I meant to say anime knock off, but you understood what I meant.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Sure... so a Kalishnikov?

United States
    It looks like the bastard cousin of an AN-94 rifle, mixed with a lot of artist's rendering and fail.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    It looks like the bastard cousin of an AN-94 rifle, mixed with a lot of artist's rendering and fail.

Could be ... could be ... thicken the barrel and flash suppressor a bit, lose the folding stock and bayonet, add a front pistol grip ... use a great deal of imagination and you are there!

If the picture had been drawn by a real comic book artist (Michael Golden, for example) we would know exactly what it is.

-stray-

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    So wait... you're saying that real comic book artists... don't have imagination?
    How much sense does that make? You old folks and your realism...
    How old is Tank Girl now? Seriously, what the fulcrum?
    Leave out the words "and fail", and I agree totally.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Seriously, what the fulcrum?
    I believe that we can safely assume that those jets are not MiG-29 Fulcrums.

Seriously though, Blind, art is a matter of taste. Whatever you're into is cool by me. I prefer artists who strive for realism in their work, you might not. It's all valid in that sense. If my Michael Golden comment was a dig at your taste in art, so what? My opinion (or anyone else's) does not make yours any less relevant or important.

However, if you're asking for identification of something in an obviously imaginative drawing, what sort of answer do you expect? The pic that you posted looks like it takes place in the not too distant future, so the gun in question might possibly be the speculative next generation of the AK family (the AK-99, maybe) or it could be anything (or nothing that will ever exist).

Why not drop the artist an email and ask what he or she had in mind when creating this butchery of art?

-stray-

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I respect your feedback and thoughtful consideration. That's a good idea, I think I will. Indeed, to each its own. Tweechy Zone. Thanks again.