Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Division 9 - canceled zombie game

capncnut
    They certainly nailed the atmosphere. Voice acting was dog shit but they could've fixed it. I'd love to see this game finished, I for one would definitely have bought it.

As for City of the Dead, wasn't it eventually made into LOTD: RTFG? The zombies are almost identical.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    They certainly nailed the atmosphere. Voice acting was dog shit but they could've fixed it. I'd love to see this game finished, I for one would definitely have bought it.

As for City of the Dead, wasn't it eventually made into LOTD: RTFG? The zombies are almost identical.
    Nah, RTFG was originally a game called "Day of the Zombie" (if memory serves), a whole other thing, and Universal thought "hey, here's an idea..." and so it became RTFG.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I'd still like a F:13 or Halloween movie where you play as Michael or Jason...that would be sweet!
    The developers are probably scared of the rating they would get, which if they were true to the source material would be atleast an M.

That would hurt their bottom line. And that is unacceptable.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The developers are probably scared of the rating they would get, which if they were true to the source material would be atleast an M.

That would hurt their bottom line. And that is unacceptable.

Shame really ... it'd be kinda cool.

They could base it upon a stealth game engine ... ... actually, I'd quite like to play such a game. More of a Halloween/Friday 13th vibe than, you know, a too-real, Jeffrey Dahmer type vibe ... that'd be too far.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I always thought it would be cool to make a Terminator game that emulated the first movie in a full open-world GTA4-style Los Angeles. Build it as a first/third person stealth-strategy game where you play as either Kyle Reese or the Terminator trying to save or kill Sarah Connor.

Put most of the development into the AI and have it so that the CPU-controlled Kyle, Sarah and and/or the Terminator's movements and decisions will be different each time, and that tactical decisions will chance depending on the player's actions. Sometimes the Terminator won't make a full-on assault on the police station if the police are alerted to his identity sooner, sometimes Reese and Sarah won't use the Tiki Motel but hide out in the city, etc. etc. You have to use detective work (calling phone numbers, staking out hunches, etc.) to find your foe among the millions in the city.

That would be my dream game, up there with a true-to-the-movie Dawn of the Dead title.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to make a Terminator game that emulated the first movie in a full open-world GTA4-style Los Angeles. Build it as a first/third person stealth-strategy game where you play as either Kyle Reese or the Terminator trying to save or kill Sarah Connor.

Put most of the development into the AI and have it so that the CPU-controlled Kyle, Sarah and and/or the Terminator's movements and decisions will be different each time, and that tactical decisions will chance depending on the player's actions. Sometimes the Terminator won't make a full-on assault on the police station if the police are alerted to his identity sooner, sometimes Reese and Sarah won't use the Tiki Motel but hide out in the city, etc. etc. You have to use detective work (calling phone numbers, staking out hunches, etc.) to find your foe among the millions in the city.

That would be my dream game, up there with a true-to-the-movie Dawn of the Dead title.
    That sounds like it'd be an awesome game!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Nah, RTFG was originally a game called "Day of the Zombie" (if memory serves), a whole other thing, and Universal thought "hey, here's an idea..." and so it became RTFG.
    Different game made by Groove that came out in 2008...Sort of... Same engine, Same weapons, Same zombies different story and some different levels...It's floating around out there.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd still like a F:13 or Halloween movie where you play as Michael or Jason...that would be sweet!
    The M rating that would follow is a formidle obstacle. Manhunt was something like that and we saw what happened there.

Last edited by darth los; 18-Jan-2010 at 11:50 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The M rating that would follow is a formidle obstacle. Manhunt was something like that and we saw what happened there.

Maybe they could make the blood pink or green (like Star Trek 6) in order to get a less harsh rating?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe they could make the blood pink or green (like Star Trek 6) in order to get a less harsh rating?
    Imo, if your going to do something, do it right. I remember when they tried something similar to that with mortal combat back in the day to much ridicule. Does it make it any less violent because of the color of the blood?

"Cool, I lopped this infected guy's head off, but the blood is blue so these disturbing images are neutralized."