Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O'Reilly to black guest: "You look like a cocaine dealer."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Marc Lamont Hill Phd

Avon 'Need my corners' Barksdale

<insert wild accusation from Acealive>

Don't go there dude. And he would be justified in saying something.

I know it's implied that they all look alike. But if you've actually been around people of color for any extended period of time you would know that's not true.

For the record those two look nothing alike.

Just stop digging now.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Didn't realize I was implying that I was the one who was thinking that.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

When a dem or even dirtier word "liberal" says it it's likely that he's just making an extremely bad joke.

However, when someone from the right says it it has to be taken more seriously becuase of the origins and the agenda ofthe modern republican party, which to put it likely has not scored very high in the race relations dept.

Ah, so what you're saying is that it's a double-standard. Exactly what I thought and it's good that someone else validates my opinion on the matter. So, it's okay for a leftist to crack an uncouth joke because they're a leftist, but someone right-of-stream doing it is either a racist, fascist, or a mixture of the combinations.

In other words, depending on your political party, it's more socially acceptable for some people to make crass jokes as opposed to others. All politics.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Didn't realize I was implying that I was the one who was thinking that.
    I didn't realize that wasn't the case .

No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Ah, so what you're saying is that it's a double-standard. Exactly what I thought and it's good that someone else validates my opinion on the matter. So, it's okay for a leftist to crack an uncouth joke because they're a leftist, but someone right-of-stream doing it is either a racist, fascist, or a mixture of the combinations.

In other words, depending on your political party, it's more socially acceptable for some people to make crass jokes as opposed to others. All politics.

j.p.
    By george i think he's got it !!

And on that topic, life is not fair, double standards are a part of life in virtually all facets

Wanna see? Let me use a racial epithet towards brown people and let you do it. I hink we will both conceed that it would be more acceptable for me to say it.

See? Double standard number one.

The way women can do and sa a whole slew of things to us that we can't return the favor on. Double standard.

The way when one political party is in power and they do things that the subsequent administration does. For some reason they are the devil when they do it but it's ok when our people do it. Double standard.

Despite the prhase, "all men are created equal" Being in the constitution and having to fight until recently for equal rights there are still states making racist laws (see Arizona). Double standard.

All this contributes the the white male angst we see manifesting itself in the tea bagger movement. I understand but let's not pretend double standards aren't business as usual.

As for my opinion on it O'reilly is a dick for doing it.

Bill Maher who is a liberal says alot of borderlineracist/racist things virtually every week and he's a dick for doing it as well. I guess because he sleeps with alot of black women he feels that entitles him to do that I guess.

Last edited by darth los; 28-May-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"