Thread: comic fans

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

comic fans

I picked up 38 comics for $9.50 today. I'm bored so I figured I'd share. Maybe some of you have comics you don't want that I could use in completing (or adding to) some of these series'. Or perhaps some of you would even like to discuss any of these.

Lucifers Hammer - issues 1 & 2 (series is 6 issues)
    Primal - issues 1 & 2 (complete series)
    Alfred Hitchcocks PSYCHO - issues 1-3 (complete)
    Brasher, Avenger of the Dead - issues 1-4 (complete)
    R.I.P. - issues 1, 3, 4 (need issue 2 to complete)
    Dr Giggles - issues 1 & 2 (complete)
    The Twilight Zone (vol 2) - issues 4 & 6 (14 issue series)
    Down Under - issues 1-3 (complete)
    Quantum Leap - issues 1-3, 9, 12 (13 issue series)
    Demonic Toys - issue 4 (4 issue series)
    The Blair Witch Chronicles - issue 1 (4 issue series)
    Halloween Terror - issue 1 (apparently stopped doing this series after 1 issue)
    Puppet Master - issue 1 (4 issue series)
    Dracula - issue 1 (4 issue series)
    The Phantom Of THe Opera - issue 1 (another series stopped after 1 issue)
    Nosferatu - issue 1 (cant find any info on the Tome Press version of this comic)
    Nightveils Caldron of Horror - issue 2 (cant find info)
    KISS - issue 3 (Dark Horse version - 13 issue series)
    Retro 50s Comix - issue 1 (cant find info)
    GI Joe (vol 30) - issue 1 (4 issue series)

Any help? Comments? Questions?

I really want to find the rest of the Lucifers Hammer series because that comic is like none other I've ever seen. It's really well done and just... awesome.

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow.

Well, I guess when you get all those comics for under $10, I really can't take you to task for the quality or title choices. I don't know any of the more obscure ones, but I'm admittedly out of the loop on comics these days.

Who are the companies behind the Dracula and Nosferatu titles, if you don't mind my asking?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All of these comics are from 1988-1993. The Dracula comic is by Eternity Comics and Nosferatu is by Tome Press.

I actually just picked out every horror comic I could find (aside from Quantum Leap and Kiss... I couldnt help myself with those) in about 15 huge boxes of comics marked $0.25 each. I feel I really lucked out with some of them. Some I've never heard of, though.

Super Moderator

United States
    Heh, some of my fav comic reads were impulse, bargain-basement buys, though these were usually at flea markets when I was a kid. I'm trying to think of some of my fav picks, but they were all so obscure I'm having trouble recalling them.

Of course, I also made some horrible mistakes. I once bought the whole Marvel comics run of Godzilla, in all it's glorious late 1970s cheesiness. The guy at the flea market was shocked, and more than happy to be rid of, what I'm sure he considered, quite an albatross. Of course, I have to say, I didn't pay much for them. This was probably ca. the late 1980s when I had a hard on for all Marvel comics.

I'll try and search out some of my old buys and post them, but I'm not sure I'll be able to recall them, even with the aid of google.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    blair witch chronicles?, thats a new one to me. i very rarely buy comics off anywere but ebay, since forbidden planet has some kind of syndrome were all the comics have a mandatory price tag of £2.50. or more each, sometimes i see cheap ones in books stores for 20p each but there mostly crap but i got an old tales from the crypt silver age or whatever dc one for 10p thats pretty rare.

but my rarest is a 94' set of xmen comics, includeing the one were scott and jean get married all in perfect condition with the fleer ultra 94' cards still attached to the spine.