Thread: Gaming's Most Obsessive Moments

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Gaming's Most Obsessive Moments

Fuuny stuff in there. Mostly because I'm guilty of a few of them.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1110362p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    I'm guilty of a few of them! I'm also guilty of for some reason always playing a level in the same way, even in newer open world games where you have plenty of choice! I downloaded a megadrive emulator for my new phone recently, and still play the games the same way I did when I was 10 years old

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I'm guilty of a few of them! I'm also guilty of for some reason always playing a level in the same way, even in newer open world games where you have plenty of choice! I downloaded a megadrive emulator for my new phone recently, and still play the games the same way I did when I was 10 years old
    Hey, if it ain't broke right?

But i had no idea these were obsessions until they were pointed out to me.

I've sent that article to a few people and all the responses were just like ours. lol

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    I definitely saw a few that I'm guilty of.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    The most glaring one for me in that list though is the ammo clip one, I ALWAYS do that

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I definitely saw a few that I'm guilty of.
    Or how about in L4D when a dude is still relatively healthy, still has their healthpack and pills but will still heal or drink his pills and take another one when a teamate needs it more.

That's a kickable offence in my book.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That was pretty good - I'm completely guilty of a lot of those.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    yep, at least 7 of those for me especially the "ammo up, save, health up, save, etc etc"

It just makes sense so u don't have to start the game fresh and have to ammo up and sort all your belongings out before setting off!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Guilty of every single one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Back in the day i was defnitely a completionist. I know hells is definitely one.

However, I don't have time for that sorts stuff anymore, but i would if i could.

Super Moderator

UK
    From that list, four for definite, but add three as "sort ofs" ... so, hehe.

Tricky - yeah, I've done that, playing the same level in the same way over and over again - on titles such as COD2, for example.

And yes, the ammo clip thing - I want to pick the fucker up, damnit!

Also, as an extension, even if I fire off like one round I have to reload - because you never know when you might have to fire off an entire clip, and need that one missing bullet that you fired but didn't reload after! I recently played Splinter Cell Conviction and I was always doing that - "whoosh, headshot, RELOAD!"

United States
    I really figured when I saw the title I was in trouble. But I'm guilty of absolutely none of them.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also, as an extension, even if I fire off like one round I have to reload - because you never know when you might have to fire off an entire clip, and need that one missing bullet that you fired but didn't reload after! I recently played Splinter Cell Conviction and I was always doing that - "whoosh, headshot, RELOAD!"
    YES! I'm surprised this one wasn't on the list. This is my biggest flaw in gaming. Completely my downfall in multiplayer FPS's.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    YES! I'm surprised this one wasn't on the list. This is my biggest flaw in gaming. Completely my downfall in multiplayer FPS's.
    Guilty as charged.

The risk you take is that in that 3 seconds things could go to shit and you for all intents and purposes have no weapon.