Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to ask you guys and gals a question.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    touche'

Not to threadjack or to turn this to be about me, but it kinda goes along with the conversation in a weird, skewed kinda way:

Like many "new" posters, I usually don't just jump right into the fire from the frying pan. I like to "feel out" a message board
    Stop having foreplay with HPOTD... BM might get jealous.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Yeah. . .I am right there with ya Wyld. . .I have "killed" a lot of threads in my time. You write out what you think is a great and well thought out response to a thread and then you check the thread the next day and find that not only has noone responded to you, but the thread is all of a sudden dead as hell. . .and you think. . ."was it me?" . . . It wasn't you. A large number of threads start and Die every day here at HPOTD. Most people tend to follow and respond to only the threads they care about, or the top 10 threads. And once your thread gets out of the most recent 10. . .most people will let it drop, unless they are personally vested in the thread. Also, if you are anything like me. . if you come into the thread late, the chances of a return response are smaller. I do that all the time.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I kill threads all the time. I post something like this...

...and then the whole thread screeches to a halt.

Twitching

United States
    Thanks guys & gal(s),
    As one of you said, I over-analyzed this and saw something where nothing was. It means a LOT to me that so many of you took the time and replied, and hell, I'm ECSTATIC that even the people who disagree with my positions think the delivery/execution is well-considered and thoughtful. I really couldn't have asked for anything more. Again, thank you all. I feel a LOT better to know I'm not the only one to ever wonder about this, and that it really ISN'T me. In closing, let me say that I think you're all great, and yes, you can have my beer

Thanks guys, I was being weird and you were all very cool about getting my head screwed on straight again. I won't forget, and you won't have to make a habit of this, promise. Now, about this last line, I sat staring at a blank prompt for like 3-4 solid minutes deciding if I wanted to add this, but eventually decided I should. You all really made my day. I start off wondering if I'm jackassing peoples' threads up, and end feeling all valued and respected. Some people might toss that off the cuff, but to me this qualifies as a Red-Letter Day.

Thank you all, again
    I now return you to your regularly scheduled The Walking Dead countdown already in progress

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Do I have a tendency to be overly serious/overly analytical in my replies to various threads, and do you think I tend to cause threads to stall out/lose steam?
    No, that's MY job. :-D

Seriously, as you can see, several of us feel like that from time to time. The forum takes all kinds. I enjoy reading the thoughtful, detailed analysis that people like you bring to the forum, AND the lighter more irreverent fare offered by others. Our strength is our [strikethrough]perversity[/strikethrough] diversity!
    Last edited by Publius; 29-Oct-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: edit
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    wyld, I enjoy your posts personally. I too have felt like I have "killed" threads and I get to feeling well....less than brilliant to a lot of college students and scholars here on the boards.
    So, I trudge along still posting.
    No Wyld your posts are fine. I wish I had your way of writing.
    Just keep on keeping on along with the rest of us.