Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOTLD 40th Aniversary Edition on sale at WalMart for $7.50

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    After work tonight I decided to stop by & check out their Halloween deisplay. Pretty disappointing, but I did score the aforementioned. Missed it the 1st time they had it & never botherd to get it online. (Already have the Millinium Edition & the colorized on DVD, PLUS the 25th Aniversary Edition & the *shudder* 30th on VHS)

Anyhoo, since I've heard that his is the best version availible on DVD I picked it up. Also got "Slither" for $4 as well, so not a bad score overall.
    I never saw it either dude! Is it any good?
    I SMELL SOME POO...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for the heads up, but page me when the blu ray comes out.

It's an absolute crime that this film doesn't have one.

The remake needs one as well but this is an all time classic. Very puzzling indeed.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    I never saw it either dude! Is it any good?
    Eh..it's cheesy, funny, & over the top. If you've ever seen "Night of the Creeps" & liked it, then you would probably like this.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but page me when the blu ray comes out.

It's an absolute crime that this film doesn't have one.

The remake needs one as well but this is an all time classic. Very puzzling indeed.

I heard there was a Blu-Ray of NOTLD out? Also heard that it looked like crap & that the DVD is probably the best the pic is ever going to get considering age, what it was shot on, etc.

Now the remake, yeah, that is a tragically under appreciated movie. I'd love to see a deluxe 2 disc something-or-another of it, but they seem totally disinterested in it, PERIOD.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 01-Nov-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Ain't done yet!

United States
    well, moon, prior to last night, i would have agreed about the lack of a great re-release of night90, but with TWD and WWZ around the corner, something tells me they might just be looking to cash in a bit and put out a blu-ray and maybe a better dvd release.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I heard there was a Blu-Ray of NOTLD out? Also heard that it looked like crap & that the DVD is probably the best the pic is ever going to get considering age, what it was shot on, etc.(
    There are several blu-ray releases but the only legit version is the Region B from Optimum, which is essentially the 40th anniversary restoration. The U.S. DVD currently on sale at Wal-Mart was discussed here. It's a verified bargain at $7.50, so pick it up if you can find it.

The problem with a U.S. blu-ray is the Weinstein Company owns the home video rights to NOTLD for 8 more years. With the company in financial trouble, a NOTLD blu-ray is not very high on their list of priorities.

Enter the bootleggers.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 01-Nov-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: oooops

United States
    Been meaning to post this for a few weeks, but Walmart now has NOTLD 40th + Diary for $9. Great price for EITHER movie by itself, so even if you have one or the other, it's still a good deal, & for both it's steal.

(Though unfortunately they have them double packaged as a 2-disc set thingie instead of individually, but *meh*. Also, no snide comments in regards to Diary por favor. Not interested in hearing them, & if you want to be snarky, there are plenty of other threads around for that sort of thing. )

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    AH DAMN!

I JUST got home from Wal Mart and yet again totally forgot about this.