Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF Rhodes had survived

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Uhm, nothing would happen. I mean, Day takes place after Land, soo...

Hahaha, juuuust kidding.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Uhm, nothing would happen. I mean, Day takes place after Land, soo...
    I was going to say that, but didnt want to open that can of worms again.

At least not now......

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jka12002
    how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green? He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead. this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bub
    If he survived it would have ruined it all. His death was awesome. Not to mention the chicken being pulled out of his gut. I hope i am thinking of the right guy.lol

United States
    If Rhodes was in Land I dont think he would made it past Cholo. Cholo and his buddies would have taken care of him the first time he opened that big mouth of his. Who would want to see Rhodes again after seeing how he was in that cave...a real...! I think it would have ruined the whole movie unless of course we would got to see him torn apart again never to come back again!!!

Norway
    If Rodes had been in the green he would have kept a lower profile I think.
    He would been a officer or a guard. That guy who say: "this gun shoots so and so many bullets a minutes" are what Rodhes would be like in the safety of the Green. A showdown between Rodhes and Cholo would not happen since Rodhes would not be doing the job Riley and Cholo did.
    Even so if Rodhes and Cholo would fight Rodhes would probably win since he was the most psycho after all.

Another scenario would be what would Steele done if he had made it to fiddlers green.
    Hmm.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher

Another scenario would be what would Steele done if he had made it to fiddlers green.
    Hmm.
    Finally get that angioplasty he so direly seemed to need?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Norway
    Heart surgery? I dont get it.

United States

Rhodes

I'd expect that he'd have a role similar to that of Brubaker. The difference being that he likely wouldn't have been eaten as fast as Brubaker and his men. How on earth did none of them escape, by the way? I know that is a whole different topic.

Otherwise, Rhodes may have been a henchman like Pillsbury or Motown. I figure more like Motown, in that he would have been looking to double cross Riley and the gang.

He was down in the bunker "under orders" and served under Cooper at one point, so he'd have been fine following orders in a later movie.

Just the way I see it *shrugs*

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jka12002
    how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green? He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead. this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bub

I don't know if I could have handled Rhodes in LOTD. It would have been an interesting watch nonetheless, and probably a better story than what Romero gave us.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    Like just about everybody here has already said--it's not too likely a scenario for Rhodes to wind up in the Green.

But, it wouldn't be impossible at all for Fran and Peter (or even Barbara from the remake)to turn up there....

In fact, he could've had them there even without showing them (due to the character rights issue)--maybe GAR could've had the WGON helicopter flown with a bunch of Kaufmann's goons or Riley's people hanging out of it with rifles...doing a kind of makeshift air support to their operations.
    Last edited by Svengoolie; 24-Jul-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Like just about everybody here has already said--it's not too likely a scenario for Rhodes to wind up in the Green.

But, it wouldn't be impossible at all for Fran and Peter (or even Barbara from the remake)to turn up there....
    Nice point, indeed! Odd, that I hadn't bothered to think of it...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    god did rhodes get it in the end. love it.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Bub probably would have been trapped in the bunker, while Rhodes escaped, so no reunion, but Rhodes would have taken control of the Green and ran his military operation from there, maybe the "Army" of the Green would not have been pussies then.