Thread: Florida teen murders parents then hosts a party

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Florida teen murders parents then hosts a party

http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-tee...212714985.html

..WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 17-year-old boy is accused of bludgeoning his parents with a hammer, then hosting dozens of friends for a party while their bodies lay in the bedroom, police said Monday.

Tyler Hadley of Port St. Lucie is charged with twin counts of first-degree murder in the deaths, which authorities say happened Saturday. He is being held without bond at a juvenile detention center in Fort Pierce and it's not immediately known whether he has an attorney.

The parents — Blake and Mary-Jo Hadley — were believed to have been struck with the hammer in their heads and torsos sometime after their son posted on Facebook around 1:15 p.m. Saturday alerting friends to an evening party at his house, about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach.

Investigators believe the parents were attacked outside their master bedroom and the bodies were moved into the bedroom and the door locked.

As many as 60 people attended the party that night, according to Port St. Lucie Police spokesman Tom Nichols. They were loud enough to prompt a noise complaint and a visit by police officers. When they arrived at 1:30 a.m. Sunday to warn about the noise, the party was already breaking up, Nichols said.

Then, police said, they received a tip that murder may have taken place. They returned to the home at 4:20 a.m., finding the bodies covered with towels, files, books and other household items, and the hammer between them.

The mother, 47, was an elementary school teacher. The father, 54, worked for Florida Power and Light.

Autopsies were underway, but police said they believed they died of blunt-force trauma.

Hadley had attended St. Lucie West Centennial High School, according to police, but had not graduated. They said they did not know what the motive was.

They always like to blame video games for gun violence. What will they blame this on? Home Depot?

Super Moderator

United States
    Horrible news. Hmmmm, he just missed Florida's death penalty cutoff by a year.

Horrible news, but I will be interested to see what, if any, mitigating factors are claimed.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe he asked them if he could throw a party and they said no? Or maybe he was on acid?

A member of this band I listen to, NME, dropped a bunch of bad acid when he was younger and thought his Mom was a robot sent to destroy him, so he killed her.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Maybe he asked them if he could throw a party and they said no?
    Most likely. Waah, I can't get my way. I'll kill you! That's the mindset of a lot of teens now.

United States
    I gave my son a toolset for Christmas last year.... it included a hammer.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    How's it feel to become an instrument of your own impending demise, Trin? Like GAR when after he polished off his script for Diary?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    How's it feel to become an instrument of your own impending demise, Trin? Like GAR when after he polished off his script for Diary?
    rofl - well done sir!

At least mine is a quick demise.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    This makes me so sad. Did the kid have any ED or other mental disabilities? If not, no fucking excuse. Kill the shit, he's going to hell.
    Damn that's harsh, I'm sorry, but... WWJD? Honestly, I don't know. At least hit him with a hammer, without killing him.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Don't you mean Survival?

I could stomach Diary but Survival... EGADS!!!!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A thread having nothing to do with Romero's films turns into a Romero argument. We really are a unique bunch....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Most likely. Waah, I can't get my way. I'll kill you! That's the mindset of a lot of teens now.
    I know, right? In the 80's we had to use our imaginations to kill our dads. I personally love mine now, as I fully understand WTF he was going through. Kids nowadays wanna cut right through the chase, and miss all the learning parts.
    I think alot of us late 30 somethings and beyond have/had it good. We all have the Jason Bateman in us to make it all smooth and creamy, but have enough crunch to make it all extra chunky in the past sense/tense. Does the impending horde have some kind of hidden meaning to us?
    Are we not trying to turn back the tide of what ails/kills us?
    I have no understanding, yet, of my kids. They seem soft compared to what most of us went through. Could they even crash course their way through a zombie apocolypse? Am I even making sense?!?!?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Yeah, but you kept the hardhat. So you're good.