Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a off the wall thought

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm
    Can you catch a zombie in a ghjost buster trap??

I wander
    Probably not because zombie are stil living, physical flesh. The whole "theory" that the Ghostbusters could catch and contain a ghost was because they found a way to harness their "ectoplasm". A "residue", if you will, that the body leaves behind and makes up the spook, specter, or in Slimer's case - "a class five full-roaming vapor....a real nasty one, too".

Banned User

United States
    They sure do not make good comedy like that anymore. Bill Murry is a classic. I love his style. I think they will first run and hide and barracade them selves in a library then I am sure they would brainstorm a comical solution to the zombie plague and save the world!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, I just thought of something. Even though the Ghostbusters may not be able to use proton packs to hold a zombie and then use the trap/containment unit to hold it.......the proton pack is still a f'n nuclear accelerator!

You could take off/explode/vaporize alot of zombie heads with nuclear power, you know. So I guess the Ghostbusters have just the right tools for the job.

Undisclosed

OOOOOOOO I got it...

What if the Staypuff Marshmallow Man got bit. He would be a 20 story Zombie..OOOOOOOOO I love it.
    THE DEAD WALK!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Probably not because zombie are stil living, physical flesh. The whole "theory" that the Ghostbusters could catch and contain a ghost was because they found a way to harness their "ectoplasm". A "residue", if you will, that the body leaves behind and makes up the spook, specter, or in Slimer's case - "a class five full-roaming vapor....a real nasty one, too".

*looks left, then right*

really?, no-one else?, ...alright.

neeeeerrrrrrddddddd!

well i loved ghostbusters as a kid, like i think every kid did, and i was one of those rare people who liked extreme ghostbusters, but still thought the name was ****.
    i wanted for like 3 consecutive christmases the ecto-1 ,y know the white van but i never got it, then one day i unwrap a birthday present off my nan and grandad and i see its ghost busters, get excited and its like "THE ECTO-3" or some such crap it was a yellow car that sorta unfolded like a crash dummy toy and had this green monster inside, needless to say as a kid i was gutted and remember saying "stuff this im off to watch transformers", i didnt like ghostbusters that mutch after that.

United States
    Well, they could handle it quite easily, they'd use the reverse polarity slime on the zombies and turn them all into happy, vegetarian ghouls.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya
    Well, they could handle it quite easily, they'd use the reverse polarity slime on the zombies and turn them all into happy, vegetarian ghouls.

vegetarian ghouls, beware the zombie artichoke

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    *looks left, then right*

really?, no-one else?, ...alright.

neeeeerrrrrrddddddd!

You're so cool. Why can't I be as cool as you? Now where is that smiley that can give you the bird?.....we need one.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I remember I got a Proton Pack at Christmas once, the Xmas that it was THE toy to get your kid. My Dad managed to get one of the last ones at some Toys R Us somewhere by chance after being tipped off that a new shipment was in. Wish I still had it. Some of my GB stuff has long since gone, to either the bin (I didn't bin the stuff, that's for sure!) or to charity shops, but I've still got some of the stuff (Ecto 1 and a load of action figures I know for sure).

I also had the trap (which glowed in the dark), complete with the foot pump and everything. Obviously I had the GB Fire Station as well, that was a great addition to the collection ... sadly I don't have it anymore...
    yeah, I've still got my ecto-1, ecto-3, fire station, ray, winston, egon, slimer, the cop who revealed his skeleton, garbage man who put can on head and became slimy fly-like thing, proton pack (cord cut, jagged edges on gun), glow-in-the-dark ghost trap....but my ecto-1 and fire station is missing some things (ie. doors, fins, i think i remember a ghost storage unit with the fire station but i haven't seen that in years).

I wouldn't call it "Gay".....but it definitely wasn't as good as the original. It's still a very entertaining and funny film in it's own right.

I can tell you the two major things that hurt "Ghostbusters II":

1) "The REAL Ghostbusters". This popular cartoon premiered in 1986(two years after the original film) and was a huge success. Soon children all over the World were into the Ghostbusters and for very different reasons that what made the original film such a huge hit. This is what harmed the sequel.

"Ghostbusters II" tried pleasing the children and the adults at the same time and this ended up hurting the overall feel of the movie and it's comedy. Just compare the two....the first is much more adult oriented, while the sequel cuts back on some of the mature humor. I know it's minor, but also note that the curse words have been cut down to about two throughout the entire film while the original had several...."d*ckless", "sh*t", "dammit", Penis jokes, etc.

I know, I know....this kind of stuff doesn't make or break a film but if you've seen the films as many times as I have, you would understand. Just think about it.

2) The second thing that hurt the sequel was(as much as I hate to say it) Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. I say this because they are the writers of both films and with the sequel, they virtually took the original film and twisted some minor details.

"Ghostbusters II" is basically the first film all over again. Compare the two and you can see. Dana Barrett being the center of it all, Having to start the business in the beginning(Starting it back in GBII's case), Large object walking the streets at the end, etc.

I have read a few articles where Dan Aykroyd actually admits to this problem, but at the same time says he's equally proud of that film. After all...why shouldn't he be? It's good entertainment.

I'm a frequent visitor to a few Ghostbusters message boards/websites (gbcentral.com, gbprops.com, protoncharging.com - Like I said, I've been a huge fan my entire life) and there are huge fans there that actually prefer the sequel over the original.

So I guess it's all opinion, but to me, the original is king with "Ghostbusters II" being a worthy sequel but just couldn't quite capture the spirit and heart of the original film.
    it took me a while to notice that....I remember when I younger flipping through the channels and I'd stop on a channel playing a ghost busters it would take me a while to figure if it was the first one or the sequel.

anyone remember those light blue t-shirts w/ the GB logo when GBII came out. Everyone in my family had one, adults and kids. Where did those come from? Did they give them away at jack and the box or the theatre or sell them at walmart. I've been wanting one of those for a while. I think all of our was thrown away.
    Last edited by radiokill; 08-Aug-2006 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    this forum has had a burst of ghostbusters lately..

i think they couldnt really do much except to fight / hide like the rest of us

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    yeah, I've still got my ecto-1, ecto-3, fire station, ray, winston, egon, slimer, the cop who revealed his skeleton, garbage man who put can on head and became slimy fly-like thing, proton pack (cord cut, jagged edges on gun), glow-in-the-dark ghost trap....but my ecto-1 and fire station is missing some things (ie. doors, fins, i think i remember a ghost storage unit with the fire station but i haven't seen that in years).

it took me a while to notice that....I remember when I younger flipping through the channels and I'd stop on a channel playing a ghost busters it would take me a while to figure if it was the first one or the sequel.

anyone remember those light blue t-shirts w/ the GB logo when GBII came out. Everyone in my family had one, adults and kids. Where did those come from? Did they give them away at jack and the box or the theatre or sell them at walmart. I've been wanting one of those for a while. I think all of our was thrown away.

They were given out during the filming of the original film as promotion(You can see a guy waving one in the air during the ending credits) and then also gave out some with the "peace" logo for "Ghostbusters II".

Cool little peice of trivia: If you watch the first film when the Ghostbusters are running down the streets(before Winston joins the crew) during the montage sequence....the public's reaction is real. Ivan Reitman says that this was the first thing shot for the film and he simply told the three actors to "run from this point, to this point and we'll film". They weren't extras.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    They were given out during the filming of the original film as promotion(You can see a guy waving one in the air during the ending credits) and then also gave out some with the "peace" logo for "Ghostbusters II".

Cool little peice of trivia: If you watch the first film when the Ghostbusters are running down the streets(before Winston joins the crew) during the montage sequence....the public's reaction is real. Ivan Reitman says that this was the first thing shot for the film and he simply told the three actors to "run from this point, to this point and we'll film". They weren't extras.
    that's funny
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    lol, that's funny. I can see it now. A little kid pointing and saying "Hey, look mommy, its the village people with funny backpacks".

Anyone remember the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon? I only remember bits of certain episodes, but it wasn't an overly bad show. A gimpy ghostbuster in a wheel-chair. That was awesome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell
    lol, that's funny. I can see it now. A little kid pointing and saying "Hey, look mommy, its the village people with funny backpacks".

Anyone remember the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon? I only remember bits of certain episodes, but it wasn't an overly bad show. A gimpy ghostbuster in a wheel-chair. That was awesome.
    I don't claim "Extreme Ghostbusters". It was just politically correct crap and a horrible attempt at bringing the franchise back. They should've just started "The REAL Ghostbusters" up again.

There was one episode that was cool, though. I believe it was called "Ghostbusters Come Home" and in it, the other Ghostbusters come back to visit and suit up with their old packs to help out the politically correct crew. Of course Spengler was always on "Extreme", though.....With a pony tail