Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay continues unnecessarily sexing up kids films?

Administrator

England

Michael Bay continues unnecessarily sexing up kids films?

Transformers was quite good fun. And what kids wouldn't enjoy seeing sports cars transforming into fighting robots. But unfortunately, within the film, there also seemed to be unnecessary 'adult' orientated scenes which were really just were not needed and TBH didn't seem to sit comfortably with some of the target audience of the film... young kids.

So, now Bay's got his eyes set on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, another famous franchise popular with kids... And who has he hired to star in it? Megan Fox... I predict more unnecessary 'sexed up' material in this film!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Megan...ilm-35922.html

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Why would he hire her back, after the problems she caused and trash she talked?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Ireland
    Ahem...

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    ^ Fair enough, BUT in Return of the Jedi I don't recall:-
    - Unnecessarily lingering shots...
    - Unnecessary banter about jacking off and the like etc...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aren't they going back to the Turtles' darker roots in this one? The original concept of TMNT was something more along the lines of Sin City with giant mutated turtles. I haven't followed the stories for this, but the last I heard they were going with something closer to that concept. So a bit of T&A shouldn't be much of a problem.

My complaint is that Megan Fox is looking more like Joan Rivers these days. Totally f*cked up her face...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    duh. it was a PG movie. if it hadn't of been there should would've been some sort of banter about jacking off.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Aren't they going back to the Turtles' darker roots in this one?
    Props to you for being aware that the Turtles had a much different theme and feel before they got super-merchandised. I don't think a lot of people remember or were aware.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Aren't they going back to the Turtles' darker roots in this one? The original concept of TMNT was something more along the lines of Sin City with giant mutated turtles. I haven't followed the stories for this, but the last I heard they were going with something closer to that concept. So a bit of T&A shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Yeah, and if there's one man who can bring the series back to those dark, edgy, indie roots, it's Michael Bay! Right? :P

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Yeah, and if there's one man who can bring the series back to those dark, edgy, indie roots, it's Michael Bay! Right? :P

Ireland
    ^ Fair enough, BUT in Return of the Jedi I don't recall:-
    - Unnecessarily lingering shots...
    I'm very proud to say that I've cannoy remember a single bloody thing about 'Transformers', so I'll bow to your superior knowledge.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Having sat through it with an 8yr old, I can tell you there are some very unnecessary 'adult' orientated aspects to it which add nothing to the film, and sit rather uncomfortably with the rest of it's nature.
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I enjoyed the Transformers film. I'm glad they didn't make too much of a kiddy-film out of it. The third one is outright dark, and not something I'd show a kid anyway.

Super Moderator

UK
    Having sat through it with an 8yr old, I can tell you there are some very unnecessary 'adult' orientated aspects to it which add nothing to the film, and sit rather uncomfortably with the rest of it's nature.
    Uncomfortable for you or uncomfortable for the kid? Perhaps such stuff goes over their head a bit?

Now yes this is different (more visual at times, rather than verbal), but Ghostbusters has some pretty raunchy dialogue in it at times - and suggestion of a ghost BJ - and yet I watched that film repeatedly as a child and never got a single one of those references. There was a gap of not watching it throughout my teen years, and then I finally went back to the film as an adult and was stunned by how many cheeky gags were thrown in there.

Of course, the GB flicks are far better than any Transformers movie - a million miles better - with far better writing to boot, but still, just as a comparison.

This reminds me of a funny thing my Mum told me about when I was a kid - of the handful of films I was obsessed with, Short Circuit was one of them. In that film there is a line that goes something like "Your mother was a snowblower" - and I repeated that line to a friend of mine, and he then repeated it to his mother ... now, the lines sounds ruder than it actually is (particularly out of context), but it made me chuckle hearing about that.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I enjoyed the Transformers film. I'm glad they didn't make too much of a kiddy-film out of it. The third one is outright dark, and not something I'd show a kid anyway.
    I would never show a kid the transformer films. I want him to respect the art of filmmaking and acting.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*