Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dawn of the Dead 3D Bluray? Anyone watched it yet?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I dunno. My wife claims she can't see the HD and just recently had a visit with the optometrist. And obviously if I have it, she can afford it. Go figure.

I agree with you that anyone SHOULD be able to tell the difference, but strangely I've had many claim they couldn't...
    Strange, hehe, but I'll take your word for it

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I dunno. My wife claims she can't see the HD and just recently had a visit with the optometrist. And obviously if I have it, she can afford it. Go figure.

I agree with you that anyone SHOULD be able to tell the difference, but strangely I've had many claim they couldn't...
    Whow! Bass ur married? C this proves alone that were nothin like the Star Trek geeks! Lmao
    I SMELL SOME POO...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A lot of people just don't like new things (or can't afford them), so they put them down. Anyone that can see clearly should be able to tell the difference between HD and SD. Hell, even with a movie as old as Dawn78. I had the DVD (admittedly not the director's cut), and now I have the Blu Ray. Heck, just the background detail alone is sharper... walls, rocks, the lettering on the chopper, the rednecks running around below the chopper before the "I'm a Man" scene, etc. If you can't see those things more sharply in HD, you need (better) glasses

As for 3D... it's great in the Theatre, IMO... but I don't need it at home. HD is just fine for me Besides, without the 3D at home, I can pay attention to background details I missed in the 3D experience in the theatre
    These same knuckleheads buy the nice HD tV bbut refuse to spring for HD cable then overstretch the SD signal/picture to fil the screen and bitch there is no difference... there is, but there is NO cure for dumbassery
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    These same knuckleheads buy the nice HD tV bbut refuse to spring for HD cable then overstretch the SD signal/picture to fil the screen and bitch there is no difference... there is, but there is NO cure for dumbassery
    Sad, but true

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Same type of people ask "well I just don't understand how all these old movies are in HD, it wasn't invented when those movies were made!"

I love 3D, its great in the home and it adds many new things to fantasy film making....shamefully though, it's being wasted on sports and opera.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Any more news on this?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Seems to have disappeared? I suspect Rubinstein has lost interest in it, and the sequel he also talked about?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Seems to have disappeared? I suspect Rubinstein has lost interest in it, and the sequel he also talked about?
    Shame. I've become quite a fan of the 2D conversions I've seen so far.
    Dawn in 3D would be yet another excuse to watch it again. The 3D definitely adds something IMHO.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Shame. I've become quite a fan of the 2D conversions I've seen so far.
    Dawn in 3D would be yet another excuse to watch it again. The 3D definitely adds something IMHO.
    This is at home?

I've really not been bothered. For example, I have Avatar and I'd rather watch it in 2D than 3D.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This is at home?

I've really not been bothered. For example, I have Avatar and I'd rather watch it in 2D than 3D.
    Yes. Its at home. I have the active 3D (the one that goes through the back of the tv and also pops out the front). It helps if you change the settings to suit the movie also, which I don't think a lot of people are aware of. Blows the cinema experience out of the water IMO.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Active 3D? Is that where you need "active glasses" rather than the passive cinema type? If so, that's what my Panasonic plasma has...

I actually had a result buying my TV. After buying it they did a price match and refunded me £200... and then couldn't supply me with the two pairs of glasses that were suppose to come with it, so refunded me a futher 2 x £129 (they were changign £129 per set at the time).

I've since bought one pair for £90 just to try it... But as I said... Not sold!
    -Carl Sagan