Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TWD 4x03 "Isolation" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

United States
    While I agree hatred towards the actress and not the character would be an over the top reaction or more likely unfortunate hyperbole (which happens...it's the internet), let's please not beat this side-topic into the ground--it's just going to fan up into unnecessary negativity.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    ^^ Indeed! I've asked we move along once before....

We've wasted a whole page on this... and we're not going to get anywhere new now!

Let's put it down to a difference of opinion/expression.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Ok, and agreed.

On a different note: great episode, liking the new season a whole lot more than I thought I would. Was seriously growing bored of the series during season three but IMO they bounced back.
    The writing feels, I don't know, more believable this time around.

(Completely off topic: listening to the new arcade fire album while I'm typing this. It's really good! Here comes the night time )
    Last edited by krisvds; 01-Nov-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    The writing feels, I don't know, more believable this time around.
    I agree. The pacing, focus and writing seems much more solid, maybe just less bloated than it has in some time. Not to say there weren't good parts to season 2 and 3, it's just been very refreshing so far. Hopefully it will continue on like this

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    There really aren't any background players this time around. Everyone seems to be involved and doing something. The comic book feel has finally arrived.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Well, if you expend a bullet to kill a zombie that's not a direct threat, that's one less bullet at your disposal to deal with a zombie that IS a direct threat in the future. Who knows where your next ammunition supply is going to come from? If you close to take it out with a knife or something, there's a non-zero chance that you'll stumble or miss and end up with a bite or scratch. Every dead walker is one less you have to worry about later on average, for all of humanity. But the probability that you personally will have to deal with that particular walker in the future is actually quite low.
    While I agree with the idea of conservation of ammunition, I disagree on the suggestion of probability of it being a problem in the future, especially with them being so close to the prison and the walker likely heading that way, particularly now that it's gotten a track on them.

Something I didn't quite get from the episode on rewatching was: Why does tyreese sit in the car extra long? They didn't seem to imply he was suicidal or anything but he definitely lagged there for a while when everyone else was clearly exiting stage left in a hurry.

Also, my thoughts for possible storyline for the next few shows:

The away team is on the run from the huge horde and finds/is captured by the governor and his men who then torture etc and tyreese goes like he did in the comics, which leads to the whole prison evacuation and beth/judith dying for mid season finale.

Super Moderator

UK
    I think with Tyreese sitting there in the car was him struggling with the moment. He didn't want to get involved in this chaos, he just wanted to get some meds, and all this impending violence is sitting uneasy with him - but then he simply must leap out and unleash his inner rage - I think that's part of it, he's dealing with rage, and here he has to let out the worst that's inside him in order to survive.

That's my take on it pretty much. He's also still thick-in-the-grief over Karen, as well as seeing red over the fact she was murdered.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    While I agree with the idea of conservation of ammunition, I disagree on the suggestion of probability of it being a problem in the future, especially with them being so close to the prison and the walker likely heading that way, particularly now that it's gotten a track on them.

Something I didn't quite get from the episode on rewatching was: Why does tyreese sit in the car extra long? They didn't seem to imply he was suicidal or anything but he definitely lagged there for a while when everyone else was clearly exiting stage left in a hurry.

Also, my thoughts for possible storyline for the next few shows:

The away team is on the run from the huge horde and finds/is captured by the governor and his men who then torture etc and tyreese goes like he did in the comics, which leads to the whole prison evacuation and beth/judith dying for mid season finale.

I really hope they don't go that route with Tyreese; considering we really haven't spent much time with him and his relationship with Rick doesn't feel as close as it should yet. If they really wanna piss people off they would off Daryl instead. I don't wanna see any of the two go this soon but if someone has to go than it would have to be Tyreese, especially considering with Abraham on the horizon the plate seems pretty full right now for Rick's friends.

Comic spoilers above.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 02-Nov-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Typo
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    ^^ Thanks again guys for adhering to the comic book spoiler rules so well!

Most appreciated!

Don't recall seeing/reading a single thing by accident thus far, which is great!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan