Thread: Did Day of the Dead inspire Resident Evil?

Banned User

Aaland

Did Day of the Dead inspire Resident Evil?

there are alot of simularites between the two, here is my points:

Character simularites:
    Rhodes = Leon Kennedy
    Sarah = Jill Valentine
    John = Chris Redfield
    Steele = Krauser

The underground facility is somewhat simular to the Umbrella Corporation with the military trying to take over it, like the S.T.A.R.S police department in Resident Evil. I hope you guys can agree

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Hi! umm... i dont think that RE was inspired by DoTD.

Yes, in RE there was underground lab, but in DoTD there was a bunker, in RE they was making bio weapons and stuff like that, in DoTD they was surviving, but when i look littlebit further, maybe RE was inspired littlebit by DoTD, i canr really answer proberly and sure to this question

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think it would be inspired by one movie in particular, but I do think that Romero's works were an inspiration for "Resident Evil"(others things, as well).

But then again....everything is inspired by something else. Romero was inspired by "I am Legend", "Resident Evil" was inspired by Romero, "Shaun" was inspired by Romero, and so on and so forth.

Banned User

United States
    Yes I think the resident evil series was inpired by the GAR's dead series but not one movie in paticular. There is a nod toward Dawn though in resident evil 3. It has an elevator scene similar (but not exact) to flyboy. Check it out if you get the chance.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiegirl
    Yes I think the resident evil series was inpired by the GAR's dead series but not one movie in paticular. There is a nod toward Dawn though in resident evil 3. It has an elevator scene similar (but not exact) to flyboy. Check it out if you get the chance.
    Yes, is correct

and Shinji Mikami is a fan of Romero Trilogy

Super Moderator

United States
    As much as Resident Evil is derivative of GAR in general, I think you're still looking too hard. But keep on lookin' hard, doubtless you'll find a lot of other similarities, in tentional or otherwise, if you concentrate on finding them.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany