Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If/when HPotD finally croaks...

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...and the error message?
    Mine seemed like just the average generic "cannot access page" kind.

Rising

United States
    For the last few days, I have been sporadically getting the same "cannot access page" as well as "Internal Server Error" messages, not only when trying to access the forums, but also the main site. Sometimes it only lasts for a few minutes, sometimes it lasts for hours, but then the site/forums come back.

Here is what the "Internal Server Error" message says:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Last edited by JDP; 6 Days Ago at 12:26 PM. Reason: Update

Super Moderator

UK
    I had that the other day, as well - and I just had it again trying to respond to this post. I tried refreshing a few times, no dice, so I went "back" and the thread page returned and I was able to respond.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 6 Days Ago at 10:45 PM.

Administrator

England
    If you get it again let me know please...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If you get it again let me know please...
    Happening again: "Internal Server Error" message. It comes and goes.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've just hopped on for the first time today and I've had numerous ISE problems in the past few minutes - on and off randomly.

Administrator

England
    Support ticket raised with hosting company...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan