Thread: Gladiator 2 (film)

Administrator

England

Gladiator 2 (film)

Watch this, and tell me if anything made you raise your eyebrows during it...

And why is it seemingly every other film at the moment is a sequel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgYUipGJNo

Yes, WTF were they thinking of with that music????
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    The fact that it even exists makes my eyebrows leap.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Watch this, and tell me if anything made you raise your eyebrows during it...

And why is it seemingly every other film at the moment is a sequel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgYUipGJNo

Yes, WTF were they thinking of with that music????
    There might also be yet another "woke" rewriting of history (a la "Cleopatra was black"), if Denzel Washington's character is supposed to be the historical Macrinus, that is. There's many surviving coins and busts depicting this "Moorish" Roman emperor, and he definitely was not "black" (in our modern sense of the word, i.e. sub-Saharan African)

Ireland
    The were many black people in Rome and there were many people with name Macrinus too. It was quite a common surname. There's nothing "woke" about that. Washington's character seems to be a trader of some sort, so he's nothing to do with either the Emperor Macrinus or Marcus Nonius Macrinus.

The most bizarre thing about this film, though, is that the gladiator of the title is Lucius Verus who never stepped foot in an arena in his life.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    1) The use of modern rap music in the trailer is an idiotic idea and totally yanks you out of the vibe.

2) Ridley Scott in his mid-80s directing this latest epic - bloody well good on him.