Thread: Do the new owners of The Monroeville Mall dislike DOTD fans?

Undisclosed

Do the new owners of The Monroeville Mall dislike DOTD fans?

My family and I are going on vacation next week and on the way home we are going to stop at the mall. I desided to call them and see if they offered any sort of tours. Anyway I just called them and got a resounding NO!!! I guess the new owners want to have as little as possible to do with us fans and the movie. I plan on going anyway and will try once we get there. Still looking for hints or tips...

I wonder if they realize out of state visitors only come to the mall for ONE thing! If they were accomidating to the fans we might spend a little money while we were there. It's better than rabid "deadheads" sneaking into places where they arn't allowed to go....getting hasseled by mall cops and being shown the door.

Any thoughts?

Undisclosed
    I've been to the mall twice, but it was about 3 and 4 years ago. From what I understand the mall has been through major renovations and barely resembles what you see in the movie anymore.

As far as security, I went during the week in the daytime and the mall was not very crowded. I just walked to the placed I wnat to see, pulled a disposable camera out of my pocket, snap a pic or two and move on.

I didn't get hassled nor did I see much security.

Just don't be blatant about taking pictures and be respectful of the property and you shouldn't have any problems!

Have fun
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well since malls are private property to the owners you can even get arressted if they choose, we were warned about taking pics for photography class in the mall across the road from college for this reason.

and yeah id reckon anyone whos just there workin' in a mall is jsut wantin' some cash to pay there way not a career, if part of it took place in macdonalds and you worked there would you want people asking for a burger and a tour?

United States
    Does anyone have any information about "new owners" of the mall? I would be intererested to hear about this. Two years ago, I was told that they had "Dawn mall tours" on the first Friday of every month. And of course, a tour every year in conjunction with the Comicon.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RMH16 View Post
    My family and I are going on vacation next week and on the way home we are going to stop at the mall. I desided to call them and see if they offered any sort of tours. Anyway I just called them and got a resounding NO!!! I guess the new owners want to have as little as possible to do with us fans and the movie. I plan on going anyway and will try once we get there. Still looking for hints or tips...

I wonder if they realize out of state visitors only come to the mall for ONE thing! If they were accomidating to the fans we might spend a little money while we were there. It's better than rabid "deadheads" sneaking into places where they arn't allowed to go....getting hasseled by mall cops and being shown the door.

Any thoughts?
    Well, when you go there, take lots of photos of everything and email them to me, I can tell you what was still there in the 70's and whats new. I lived in that mall pratically as a kid. i am sure there has to be something still there that has not changed. If there is i will be able to find it. When most people only know what was seen in the movie, i actually lived there when it was filmed. I spent most weekends there as a child hanging out at the monroeville mall. Also if any one else here has current mall photos I would love to see them. I remember from the old forums a poster had a website of the mall with photos, if that person still posts in this forum I would like the link again.
    But I do not blame the mall people from being annoyed. I am sure they get flooded with calls about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    I've been to the mall twice, but it was about 3 and 4 years ago. From what I understand the mall has been through major renovations and barely resembles what you see in the movie anymore.

As far as security, I went during the week in the daytime and the mall was not very crowded. I just walked to the placed I wnat to see, pulled a disposable camera out of my pocket, snap a pic or two and move on.

I didn't get hassled nor did I see much security.

Just don't be blatant about taking pictures and be respectful of the property and you shouldn't have any problems!

Have fun
    I am going to rty to save up the cash to take a trip next summer to there. I sure miss it
    Last edited by HLS; 02-Oct-2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost