Thread: I hate ****ing Nero. Anyone got a better program?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

I hate ****ing Nero. Anyone got a better program?

Hey, has anyone got a tip for a program that actually WORKS to burn with? I have tons of homemade films on my computer, both mine and my friends, but they just won't ****ing BURN on Nero!

First of all, the transcoding takes forever. Second of all, once it's time for the actual burning progress, Nero just says "no" and ****s you right in the ass.

I downloaded WinAVI and converted all files to DVD files. Transcoding goes faster, but Nero still doesn't want to ****ing burn them.

So. What do you guys use?

Super Moderator

UK
    Do you mean you're trying to burn .vob files to make a DVD that'll play on a DVD player? If so:

I render out said .vob files and then use TMPEGEnc by Pegasys - www.pegasys-inc.com/ - it's how I make all my DVDs for my films. Simple to use and works a treat.

Available here too: http://www.tmpgenc.net/en/e_main.html

Nero is best left to burn ordinary data and image files.

Also, best to render out DVD files from your editing software straight away, rather than convert an AVI, at least that's what I prefer.

United States
    VSO X toDVD is the easiest Any video to DVD conversion App. Its easy, powerful and does a nice job. It burn too. Thiugh it aint free.
    I've tried many, many of them, but this is the best
    No messing with aspect ratios, changing around subtitle colors sizes is easy (important for me). It doesnt have all the confusing extra junk alot of this sort of app has. Its pretty fast and pretty acurate on the medium setting.

And Nero transcoding just blows.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nero is pure evil anyway as a matter of fact i ran that program from mcrosoft yesterday to see if i could upgrade to windows vista and all i had to do was free up some memory and get rid of that bloody program.

ViP

United States
    I 2nd TMPGEnc, NERO is a waste.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When trying to use nero for transcoding you have to have a system with at least 512mb of ram and a processor that can handle being run at 100% capacity for long periods of time.

When Nero bugs off like that it means your CPU is overheating or you don't have enough system resources to handle the job. A similar problem happened to Lou Cipherr a few years ago. It turned out his CPU was overheating and the cooling fan wasn't cooling the system down like it was supposed too.

In order to use Nero you really need 1gb of ram and a powerful 2.2+ghz Processor with ample cooling. If you meet the requirements you will have smooth sailing.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    When Nero bugs off like that it means your CPU is overheating or you don't have enough system resources to handle the job. A similar problem happened to Lou Cipherr a few years ago. It turned out his CPU was overheating and the cooling fan wasn't cooling the system down like it was supposed too.
    *shakes his head in agreement*

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    VSO X toDVD is the easiest Any video to DVD conversion App. Its easy, powerful and does a nice job. It burn too. Thiugh it aint free.
    I've tried many, many of them, but this is the best
    No messing with aspect ratios, changing around subtitle colors sizes is easy (important for me). It doesnt have all the confusing extra junk alot of this sort of app has. Its pretty fast and pretty acurate on the medium setting.

And Nero transcoding just blows.
    Agree'd. Thanks to Coma, I now have a fast/easy time creating DVD's of my movies. Trust us: GET VSO!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Thanks a bunch people. Tomorrow is my day off, so I'll try to get things sorted out. Maybe I can even get some of the subtitles working (most of the films are in Swedish, after all).

As for Nero and my CPU overheating. Could be it... But I doubt it, because I have 1,5 gb of Ram and my processor is a 3,800+. I haven't had any other trouble with other programs.

I managed to get WinAVI to convert most of my files into DVD files, which take less time to transcode. Looking forward to experimenting tomorrow.

United States
    EN - what version of Nero are you using? Anything past v7.0 is bloated CRAP. I still use v6.0.18 or something like that. 7.0 is when Nero became the same as Roxio's EZ-CD-Creator bloatwear. Garbage. Anything pre 7.0 with Nero is fantastic to work with if ya know what you're doin'.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That would explain a few things. I use a post 7.0 version and I agree with the part about it sucking royal arse. I'll have to get an older version of it.

United States
    Yes, please do. See, with v7.0 they tried to do what Roxio did and that is cram every single feature they could think of into a program that already did what you needed it to. Nero was a fine-tuned, well oiled machine until v7 came out. As a matter of fact, I believe Dj tried v7.0 (or later) and had so many issues with it he reverted back to the version I have.

If you can't find a pre-7.0 version of nero, let me know, I'll see what I can do about pointing you in the right direction.

LC