Thread: Gears of War review thread

United States

Gears of War review thread

1up.com - 10 - "It was constantly impressing the hell out of me."
    Gamespot.com - 9.6 - "Stellar graphics reset the bar for what consoles can do visually"
    TeamXbox: - 9.6 - "This is by far the best looking video game we've ever seen"
    IGN.com - 9.4 - "An excellent musical score, awesome atmospheric audio cues and spot-on sound effects. Crank it up."

Also, it received a 10/10 from OXM, and a 5/5 from XPlay. Finally a game hyped up to ridiculous proportions actually delivers? Action + Horror is my new favorite genre, I think.

capncnut
    I've heard there's some major pant-soiling scares in Gears Of War. I'm definitely gonna buy this but I'm getting kinda sick of the £50 shell-out every time I want a game. I may get this one second hand, that's if anyone actually trades their copy in.

United States
    Got the game today, its AMAZING guys. I haven't had this much fun with a videogame since Resident Evil 4. Everything is so detailed, the combat is visceral, and the sound is incredible. The multiplayer is something else, so unique from anything I've ever played. I can't praise it enough, if you could only buy buy 1 game this year, I'd say this is it.

United States
    Just picked up my pre-orders of GOW & COD3 this afternoon . Haven't gotten a chance to play yet but when I do I will be sure to post my impressions here .

I just got finished playing a bit of the single player campaign & all I can say is WOW !!! Everything looks amazing & the game play, so far, is top notch !! I didn't notice any clipping or slow down at all. The game runs very smooth.

I'll leave more impressions when I play more of the single player campaign & also try my hand at multiplayer on Live .

Also, COD3 was very impressive as well !!
    Last edited by Bunker65; 09-Nov-2006 at 05:44 AM.

United States
    I'm back from the dead and I've just played Gears of War. I see a new franchise for the 360 to finally bookend Halo. I thought the mini-saw in Dead Rising was fun until I saw the chainsaw bayonet in action with me at the controls and being pushed into the face of a Locust grunt.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman