Thread: Dawn score goof or am I missing something...

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States

Question Dawn score goof or am I missing something...

When they are flying over the rural area where the hunters rallied, an ominous chord plays as the shot switches to exterior then interior of the helicopter. Why the omninous chord? I've got a few ideas, but they all seem hairbrained...
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post
    When they are flying over the rural area where the hunters rallied, an ominous chord plays as the shot switches to exterior then interior of the helicopter. Why the omninous chord? I've got a few ideas, but they all seem hairbrained...
    Because it was a very ominous situation to be in?

I considered ending with only the above sentence, but to try to give an answer, I would say that was the moment where it really sank in how big of a problem they were in. Yes, Philadelphia was in a near state of chaos, but apparently things were still....."normal" enough for the TV station to still be in operation. Apparently gasoline had still been delivered to the local gas stations in order for people to get to work, for the police and SWAT vehicles to be fueled, and a traffic helicopter to be refueled. There is no indication that the populace of Philly was starving, so apparently food was still being delivered to stores. So even with the chaos in Philly, it would seem likely that the people there still had hope of the "zombie situation" was going to be resolved and life would return to normal. If I remember correctly, the ominous chord you are referring to occurs not long after Roger says "Jesus. It's everywhere." So even a SWAT guy, who would have had more information available to him that the average person, did not relly realize the seriousness of the situation. So it was indeed very ominous to be flying over that field, seeing all the zombies that were "out in the sticks". The realization that the problem was growing with little hope of stopping was setting in to our intrepid group of four.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Yeah, that makes perfect sense, but why play the chord at the instant you see the chopper? Why not show their faces, play the chord, then show the rural area being teeming with zombies?

edit: sorry, I have a problem with constantly changing the way I view things (like John Kerry syndrome or something), but for the moment, the actual movie sequence seems right and more logical...but i'll change my mind again sometime.
    Last edited by radiokill; 28-Nov-2006 at 03:25 AM.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post
    I guess this is the original DOTD? Not sure what you are talking about TBH ... i just liked the combination of those two words, "ominous chord"

ViP

United States
    Watch the news room scene again, music stops and starts randomly. The music sting you mentioned is most likely there to signify the change from night to day.