Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Zombie Movies

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    Sorry, but when avatars and signatures are exploding with graphics like on most message boards, I tend to tune that stuff out and focus on the post. Evil Dead isn't really a zombie movie anyway. I hope you've seen Creepshow.
    I know ED isn't a zombie series exactly, but they ARE dead, and they ARE evil.

Undisclosed

erm...

My personal zombie faves (outside of the Romero flicks) are:

The Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue
    Nightmare City (Not zombies! I know, i know...but it's the obvious inspiration for 28 Days Later and therefore DOTD 04)*
    Dead And Buried
    Return Of The Evil Dead
    Zombie Flesh Eaters (or Zombi or Zombie 2 or Zombies or whatever)
    House By The Cemetary
    The Beyond

and i have a bit of a spoft spot for:
    Dawn '04 and even the pretty sucky Resident Evil films.

* I appreciate this film sucks balls on almost every level but it is so stupid i actually love it. What it lacks in script, plot, acting, dubbing, direction and scares it kind of makes up for with its almost relentless energy.

Undisclosed
    Have a look at Undead. I like it....It's not great, but zombies, right?
    Anything by Fucili (is that how you spell it?) is a MUST! Zombi 2, City of the Living-Dead...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    Sorry, but when avatars and signatures are exploding with graphics like on most message boards, I tend to tune that stuff out and focus on the post. Evil Dead isn't really a zombie movie anyway. I hope you've seen Creepshow.

I think the whole of Zombie (aka Zombi 2) is posted on youtube, along with trailers for probably all the movies mentioned here. Thanks to this thread I'll be buying Zombie Packs 1 & 2 and Hell of the LD either with the Walking Dead 6 pack or the Rats double feature. I'm stoked.

PS 28 days later sucked mutant rat.
    as far as i know they dont make the walking dead pack anymore
    when i got mine it was $18 or so and 2nd to last in stock on amazon.com

they make the fright packs whenever they have a surplus of a buncha horror dvds with a loose theme in some big anchor bay factory
    so when the factory runs dry again they stop making them
    good luck finding it
    id try ebay
    i bought it
    and yeah i loved it
    the movies arent great, its campy and funny
    but if you really love zombies you'll justfreak out and pee yourself

let sleeping corpses lie and hell of the living dead are the best of the pack
    A.F.A.!!!!!!
    Artichoke Fondlers Anonymous !!!

Death Count of friends playing Zombie DND: 8

Eddy- Face accidently smashed with a hatchet by a fellow survivor, Invasion Day 4
    Jake- Shot in the back by the police as he robbed a Sports Authority, Invasion Day 1
    chris- bitten while defending home, shot by chester
    annie- wrists slashed by nader and eaten alive
    richard- torn to pieces after being pulled from atop his SUV by zombies, managed to shoot his gas tank in the process
    nader- killed by th explosion of richard's SUV
    carl- tortured to deah by nader (infighting got nasty)
    jake- shot by carl in the stomach

Undisclosed
    my favs would have to be, in order:

1. Day Of The Dead (don't care what some people say, I still say its the best)
    2. Shaun Of The Dead (three years old and already a classic)
    3. Night Of The Living Dead '68 (even after all of these god awful remakes this one will still be the best)
    4. Dawn Of The Dead '79 (need i say more, its a classic)
    5. Zombie (thought it set a pretty good creepy mood in a few scenes)
    6. Dead Alive (with that much damn blood shed, you can't go wrong)
    7. The Dead Next Door (cheesey as hell, but enjoyed it, i got a soft spot for those indie movies)
    8. Masters of Horror episode "Homecoming" (while not a straight forward zombie flick, i enjoyed aspects of it, enough to add to the list)
    9. Hell Of The Living Dead (oh i know, cheap knock off of Dawn of the dead, but i love the cheese ball acting, sound effects and such... it was good fun)
    10. Land Of The Dead (not the best of the dead movies, but still managed to stand its own ground)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
    my favs would have to be, in order:

1. Day Of The Dead (don't care what some people say, I still say its the best)
    2. Shaun Of The Dead (three years old and already a classic)
    3. Night Of The Living Dead '68 (even after all of these god awful remakes this one will still be the best)
    4. Dawn Of The Dead '79 (need i say more, its a classic)
    5. Zombie (thought it set a pretty good creepy mood in a few scenes)
    6. Dead Alive (with that much damn blood shed, you can't go wrong)
    7. The Dead Next Door (cheesey as hell, but enjoyed it, i got a soft spot for those indie movies)
    8. Masters of Horror episode "Homecoming" (while not a straight forward zombie flick, i enjoyed aspects of it, enough to add to the list)
    9. Hell Of The Living Dead (oh i know, cheap knock off of Dawn of the dead, but i love the cheese ball acting, sound effects and such... it was good fun)
    10. Land Of The Dead (not the best of the dead movies, but still managed to stand its own ground)
    Dumbass, I said OUTSIDE Romero's Dead series. PHAIL. Don't post in a thread untill you have read the first post. EVER.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Dumbass, I said OUTSIDE Romero's Dead series. PHAIL. Don't post in a thread untill you have read the first post. EVER.
    Sorry to have ruined your day, I hope you'll be able to sleep with this on your conscience.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
    Sorry to have ruined your day, I hope you'll be able to sleep with this on your conscience.
    I hope you learned your lesson.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I hope you learned your lesson.
    I did.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now shake hands and youl be all the better for it

...aaaanyway, what about pet cemetary?

Undisclosed

Wink hum...

and if shaking hands doesnt work you guys can always shave each others pubes!

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    The best non-Romero zombie movies are:

The Return of the Living Dead, My Boyfriend's back, House of Seven Corpses, Shaun of the Dead, Dawn '04, Video Dead and Night Life.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrOTD View Post
    as far as i know they dont make the walking dead pack anymore
    when i got mine it was $18 or so and 2nd to last in stock on amazon.com

they make the fright packs whenever they have a surplus of a buncha horror dvds with a loose theme in some big anchor bay factory
    so when the factory runs dry again they stop making them
    good luck finding it
    id try ebay
    i bought it
    and yeah i loved it
    the movies arent great, its campy and funny
    but if you really love zombies you'll justfreak out and pee yourself

let sleeping corpses lie and hell of the living dead are the best of the pack
    No, they don't make it anymore, but I'm the type who spends hours looking for the cheapest price, OOP or not. I found it for $25, I saw it with $80 price tags, and I read posts on other zombie boards from '05 that you could get it for about $17 when deepdiscountdvd was having their 20% sale (which made me grind my teeth). I also found the Zombie Packs for $13 each, hkflix.com is having free shipping this month only! Now I'm reading that Shriek Show screwed up the gore scenes in Zombi 3 cause they transferred them from a crappy VHS and some of the Zombi 3s don't have the commentary track but I think you can ask them for a new one with commentary and they'll send it to you. Also, Burial Ground (aka Zombie 3, too) is missing about 4 seconds of gore. I also read some bad things about the framing of some of SS's releases. The Japanese releases don't have the flaws that these do.

Also, Shriek Show is the people who did the 2disc Zombi 25th anniv. edition and I saw an extensive review about it. I'll have to find the link.

dvddrive-in.com/reviews/t-z/zombi279.htm
    Last edited by triste realtà; 31-Jan-2007 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost