Thread: Vista... Oh dear!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dont get it, aside fromt he areo thing, which ive seen rigged on a mates pc to work with xp, what else would you want on it you dont get on an xp version?

England
    DirectX 10 is the only thing im looking forward to from it,i cant see anything else been much different

Banned User

United States
    There must be something after all the cost is insaine. i hear it has added security and 3d graphics.

Super Moderator

UK
    A lot of industry nerdy type people are saying Vista is still wide open to the same security threats Windows has always been open to - and yep, COST - yet again, in the UK it's gonna be more than in America. Gate's excuse/answer for this on BBC News was pathetic, exactly like Blair - answer without saying anything.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A lot of industry nerdy type people are saying Vista is still wide open to the same security threats Windows has always been open to - and yep, COST - yet again, in the UK it's gonna be more than in America. Gate's excuse/answer for this on BBC News was pathetic, exactly like Blair - answer without saying anything.
    Gordon Brown getting his cut from it,you watch!every household in the UK has a PC these days,and most will upgrade to vista at some point this year,ideal opportunity for labour to make a quick buck from it!i bet im not far out there either..

Kazakhstan
    blair everything mz.
    i dont like him either, he has to go, but how the hell do you manage to worm anti blair sentiment into a thread about an american corporation's new OS.
    your'e getting into the same territory as those nutty right wingers who bring the jews into everything
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    I wish people would stop saying Blair, I find that word rather offensive. I thought we wasn't permitted to use swear words openly on HPotD.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol Capn.

Liam - I was saying that, just like Blair answering a question, Bill Gates answered the question "why is Vista more expensive in the UK" without actually answering it - something Blair does frequently, and is well noted and famed for.

Kazakhstan
    aye, youre saying gates is blairlike and that's not a good thing to be in lieu of the various reasons you hate blair for. i'm not having a go mate, it's just that i usually anticipate you linking the thread to how sh!t blair is, whatever the subject is.

though you did resist the temptation to compare vending machines to labour in the vending machine thread - they nick yer money and can't be moved

but aye, i dont really mind, not startin or anythin! just sayin, always wit' tha' blair
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    What's wrong with venting my sheer disgust for Blair and his entire government? If I kept it all in I'd pass out and my gut would explode ... now you wouldn't want that, wouldya?

And despite my hatred of Labour and Blair, it was more a comparison that an outright dig. It's the Blair style of question answering. Gates is much better, I don't really mind the bloke (in fact I don't mind Microsoft, just wish they'd try harder - they need competition really), at least he sticks to software rather than softwar ... ... okay, that was a stretch.

Back on topic and did anyone see Gate's appearance on the Jan 29th Daily Show? lol, he got up to shake hands and was then kinda neither here nor there and kinda awkwardly walked off backstage. The guests are supposed to stay there until the link is over, it was just kinda funny - they took the mick on the Jan 30th one (which had a clip from Dawn of the Dead in it, saw it just now).