Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why were the dead being reanimated?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    To my way of thinking the very idea that there would ever be a way to cure the zombies is a dream of immense proportions. I mean you're talking about a corpse missing its entrails but living a normal life sometime after being 'cured' and that would never happen. As far as searching for why zombies feed and how they came to be I just dont see why the latter is productive and if you can even prove the former. Their time would have been much better spent not locating other survivors but finding a safer place to survive and start over where they could farm the land to grow food and fish from the sea. Hiding in a hole is never a wise idea and looking for other survivors only puts your safety into jeopardy because you can't determine whether they're friends or foes and when you find out it could be too late.
    Like i said, they needed to know why. It's a basic human need. Like if a man cheats on you it's not enough to know he did it, you would want to know why. it's not enough for mankind to know we're here, we have to know why and where we came from, it's what drives us.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    As far as friends or foes, I would bet that a military presence would keep any possible trouble makers in line. It worked in Land.
    To help them find survivors, they could look for better radios or set up some relays...Bill said they had communications with Washington with the use of relays. If they made the location of survivors the priority they would have figured something out!

Canada
    Buddha got pissed off at jesus for being better then him and unleashed the living dead on humanity, in the guise of the christian religion. Afterall, why blame the fat peace loving buddha when you can blame Jesus, who said the rapture would come with the end of the world.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    As far as friends or foes, I would bet that a military presence would keep any possible trouble makers in line. It worked in Land.
    To help them find survivors, they could look for better radios or set up some relays...Bill said they had communications with Washington with the use of relays. If they made the location of survivors the priority they would have figured something out!
    that all sounds nice but you still ahven't explained how they would find this equiptment or survivors for that matter. They already said they went as far up and down the coast as hey could go and found absolutely nothing. Like steel said " what anyone else? we're it!"
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    in the beginning i'm sure the military personnel that didn't abandon their duties were entirely honorable but the long and short of it is they were gonna turn that underground bunker into a prison rape scene on lori cardille... I think that can tell ya they were scum...

But as I've said in posts on other boards as far as other survivors... if you found other survivors traveling alone or in a small group of a few and you bring them back to your safety zone they're going to expect you to keep them safe and they're going to expect to be able to stay... that means sharing what you have with them... and you dont know who they are so you dont know that you can trust them just because you're the only living people in a dead world... next... if you find a large group of survivors they may want whatever you have...

generally its unwise to assume that people are going to band together just because you're the only survivors... its more likely that they're going to take what they want from you and kill you... you have to prepare yourself for that possibility so you see it coming...

its like any good football coach says... a good offense is better than a good defense...

and in case I haven't plugged it enough... the walking dead people! read it buy it... worship it on the holy chair filled with water if you must! its gold baby
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    in the beginning i'm sure the military personnel that didn't abandon their duties were entirely honorable but the long and short of it is they were gonna turn that underground bunker into a prison rape scene on lori cardille... I think that can tell ya they were scum...

But as I've said in posts on other boards as far as other survivors... if you found other survivors traveling alone or in a small group of a few and you bring them back to your safety zone they're going to expect you to keep them safe and they're going to expect to be able to stay... that means sharing what you have with them... and you dont know who they are so you dont know that you can trust them just because you're the only living people in a dead world... next... if you find a large group of survivors they may want whatever you have...

generally its unwise to assume that people are going to band together just because you're the only survivors... its more likely that they're going to take what they want from you and kill you... you have to prepare yourself for that possibility so you see it coming...

its like any good football coach says... a good offense is better than a good defense...

and in case I haven't plugged it enough... the walking dead people! read it buy it... worship it on the holy chair filled with water if you must! its gold baby

When it comes to supplies it's you also have to consider if you would even want other people with you. Let's say you have enough food and water to last 2 years. If you come across 5 more people that supply might only last you six months or a year. It's all about survival and taking on more people might not be conducive to that.

United States
    Well you also have to trust that those people aren't going to steal from the rations...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well you also have to trust that those people aren't going to steal from the rations...
    As you should know by now trust and people shouldn't even being the same sentence. However, i'm not even talking about that. Just by their presence they're taking food out of your mouth. They have to eat right? That means you're going to have less and won't be able live as long.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    As you should know by now trust and people shouldn't even being the same sentence. However, i'm not even talking about that. Just by their presence they're taking food out of your mouth. They have to eat right? That means you're going to have less and won't be able live as long.

the more you kill,the longer u live. i'd drop caps in @sses to save myself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It only makes sense. Questions of morality aside, staying away from people when they would make your life sustaining supplies dwindle makes perfect sense. C.J. from dawn 04' had the same mentality. He couldn't give 2 sh8ts about other people. He wanted to live and if other people had to die to ensure that goal, so be it.

United States
    The ONLY way ANYONE could hope to live long term in the zombie world is if they learn to grow fruits and vegetables and hunt for meat.
    Period.
    All food (frozen or canned) will go bad after a year or two. Then what? You need to think ahead...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The ONLY way ANYONE could hope to live long term in the zombie world is if they learn to grow fruits and vegetables and hunt for meat.
    Period.
    All food (frozen or canned) will go bad after a year or two. Then what? You need to think ahead...

Taking into account that farming skills are lost on 95% of the population i gues they would be goners.These are things that people just don't know how to do anymore. That's why i have so much respect for commandos and outdoor woodsman type guys. They could live of the land in the event of an emergency. Most other people would be stuck if even their cell phone stopped working.

United States
    Period.
    I dont think you would have to do that. Fruits and vegatables are more than capable of growing without humans doing anything to help them along. Existing trees would continue to bear fruit. Ever throw a watermellon rhine out in the grass? The seeds will take root themselves and grow vines. We can live without meat if we have to. Again, I think most people would be able to take to shooting a gun pretty quick if pressed into it. Fishing might be even easier.

Your point about canned and frozen food is well taken. That would either run out or go bad after a while. But a person could live off the land without having any particular hunting or farmer skills.

United States
    As someone who considers herself an avid gardener its not entirely difficult to plant fruit and veggies... the hard part is keeping it protected against animals, zombies and keeping it watered. Additionally by eating and passing excrement you're making some spiffy fertilizer for your crops just watch Paradise Road hehe...

But to be fair... Twinkies and assumingly any other similar item dont ever go bad... ever... there may be a date but they do not go bad!

Oh yeah the hardest part of growing fruit and veggies is getting the seeds too... it prolly wont be easy breaking into Home Depot depending on whether they were closed during the zombie outbreak or open. When they're closed they're hard to break into (not that i'm speaking from personal experience just an observation because I think its important to plan to break in to every place you've ever been in case you're ever surrounded by zombies) and need something from there...

Its actually an essential to maintain perfect form in the event of a zombie outbreak by eating well and exercising with precision in order to function at your peak. I have to wonder how long 'living off the woods' will sustain you at top performance.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I dont think you would have to do that. Fruits and vegatables are more than capable of growing without humans doing anything to help them along. Existing trees would continue to bear fruit. Ever throw a watermellon rhine out in the grass? The seeds will take root themselves and grow vines. We can live without meat if we have to. Again, I think most people would be able to take to shooting a gun pretty quick if pressed into it. Fishing might be even easier.

Your point about canned and frozen food is well taken. That would either run out or go bad after a while. But a person could live off the land without having any particular hunting or farmer skills.

I'd have to disagree with you on that one. Sure people could live off the land and eat the indigenous fruits veggies and plants, but there's a problem with that. The amount of vegetation it would take to sutain a group of people, say within a mile radius wouls deplete fairly quickly, atleast quicker thatn the time it would take to grow new ones to take their place so they would have to leave in search of more food. This is what humans did for tens of thousands of years. They had to be hunter gatherers until the inovations of farming techniques and irrigation came along. this allowed them to stay situated in one area. Then they started to turn their interests to other areas when getting food and water for the day was no longer a primary concern. They started making art, writing and other cool inventions. So yes i think they would indeed need some semblance of farming skills if they wanted to survive.