Thread: The POINT about LAND is that...

Undisclosed

The POINT about LAND is that...

... its'a an excellent, magniloquent SCI-FI MOVIE with some gore scenes "thrown in the middle" to add a realistic "feel" about the "creatures" (and not for the sake of the average horror fan).

While NIGHT was almost a thriller (do not shot me for this, it's the way I feel, respect me if you can), and DAWN was a real horror movie featuring some very good action scenes, DAY represented the very first attempt to steer the saga towards a more sci-fi approach (despite the gorey final "confrontation").

LAND completed the process, rounded it up, and came to a full fruition.

I love the way Romero is going to shoot DIARY. It will be an even-increasingly different stab to the genre. Sort of a cross bewteen a DOCU-DRAMA and a "proper" horror (?) movie.

In LAND, I loved the sci-fi approach, the setting, the interplay between the characters. The gore scenes were very scarceful (and YES, I watched the unrated Director's cut), because the DEAD weren't anymore a pivotal point, but one of the many essential components.

Definitely, LAND was a fresco, an artistic landscape (no pun intended) made of colorful shades.
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 13-Nov-2006 at 06:20 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Day and night could both definitely have been twighlight zone episodes because the focus was put heavily on the human aspect. How in their interaction they grew more paranoid, confrontational suspicious of each other. Definitely the the things that make up a great thriller.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"