Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Of Steel (film) - Directed by Zack Snyder

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm thinking Luthor will definitely be in the sequel. Much the same way Nolan started his Batman story with lesser known villains and then had the "main villain", The Joker, in the sequel. Hopefully there will be multiple villains per film in the trilogy. I can imagine Luthor being the Falconi/Maroni of the series while the superpowered villains give more of a physical threat. I seriously doubt they'll do an incarnation of Luthor in his super suit, anyway...

Super Moderator

United States
    Luthor could be done well, but I'm glad they're giving him a bit of a rest.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States

Administrator

England
    Could it actually be awesome? - http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/supe...f-steel-2-news

“Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.”
    “It’s the best movie of the year.”
    “There’s tons of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.”
    “The cape is CGI’d most of the time so it can look awesome.”
    “They have intentionally left out most of the Super action in the trailers to save it.”
    “It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.”
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah.....lots of rumors about that it could be just as big as Nolan's trilogy. Three months to go.

I've also just seen that Latino Review is reporting that Chris Nolan has officially signed on to "godfather" the entire DC film universe for Warner Brothers. They even say Bale will return for the Justice League film? I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but man that would be amazing news....
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Mar-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A small bit of viral advertising that premiered online yesterday and was aired during the commercials on the MTV movie awards. Not much, but I thought it was exceptionally creepy in a strange way. Sounds like Micheal Shannon just went with his natural voice, but I don't mind. He's creepy enough as it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6g2ZSuWyM4

Of course it's blurry as hell, but is it just me or does is mask almost like like a Space Jockey at a few glances?

Oh, and one of the viral marketing sites has a Kryptonian timer that's counting down. Supposedly it will be the final trailer within the next 24-36 hours.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MOS Trailer Three:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

I'm not sure the handful of members here care anymore, but here it is...

Administrator

England
    Fingers crossed! I just hope the fights don't come across as too CGI! That was my big problem with the Sam Raimi spider man films, and the Avengers. The fights just came across as CGI/computer game graphics.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You've really got to let go, man. They can't make films like these without CGI anymore.

That being said, I've heard the film was edited and completed in January, so hopefully the effects companies took advantage of the last several months to make it better. It's a 200+ Million Dollar film, so I hope so.

Administrator

England
    It's not the fact it's CGI, it's what they do with the CGI. Spiderman for example was just too bouncy/nippy and looked immune to real life physics etc...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It's not the fact it's CGI, it's what they do with the CGI. Spiderman for example was just too bouncy/nippy and looked immune to real life physics etc...
    I thought Spidey moved quite realistically given how the the character moves & behaves from what we see in the comics...

United States
    Wow, looks supersnazzeh.
    Andale.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Early review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62552

Overall, it’s gloriously flash and fun, bold and hallucinogenic, all the while having a touch of grit, grain and gravity. What it is is seriously geeky, and was probably made to appeal to Superman fans first and foremost. This is because it takes its mythology seriously. It’s a long movie, but it’s never boring. It does return to the greatness of the first two movies. I thought this movie delivered on what I was after all along: a physical match for Superman.
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    So I have this theory about why Snyder and Nolan could now do a big screen Superman, when for a long long time no one else could. It's called the Christopher Reeves Affect. Follow along now, as I'm not forgetting Brian Singer.

Back in 1978, Richard Donner showed the world that a Man could Fly ( without turning into a cartoon or using a springboard ), but more importantly he brought us an excellent actor in Chris, who could play the part without making it a joke ( unintentionally, that is. ) and we were happy little movie goers for at least two films. And even when Donner got dumped, it was Chris' insane and sincere devotion to the part which kept us coming back and hoping they'd get better again - because he was just so frigging good at it.

Now if he'd just left the franchise, found his little niche films to act in, Life would've gone on fine. But then our superman had to get thrown off his horse, become wheelchair bound and dependent on machines to even take a breath. And if he'd simply skulked off to some clinic or even into his home to make his private peace, life woulda gone on and we'd have gotten another movie superman - But he didn't.

What happened is that by becoming a crusader in real-life, Chris confounded reel life ( which somehow didn't seem to affect television greatly, since we had superboy in the eighties, lois and clark, and smallville after that ) so that no one could safely don the cape without looking like he was kicking the cripple (tongue in cheek )

Smallville did it's part to alleviate this by having Chris give his blessings, passing the torch ( so to speak ) in his role as Professor Swan, but still it wasn't enough to get a movie made - even when Christopher Reeves passed on. That is until Brian Singer made Superman Returns.

I loved that movie, liked Brandon in the lead, and thought Frank Langela as Perry White was beyond swell. But I also realized that what Singer had made; was less an homage than it was an exorcism of the ghost of Christopher Reeves. So what everyone got from this was a clean slate - so they could safely remake Superman in the image of this generation.

So that's my theory, which having said it I'll likely go give Man of Steel a fair chance to disappoint - I mean impress. At least they got Amy Adams to play Lois Lane - so that's a plus in Zack Snyder's favor.

Wayne Z
    Last edited by wayzim; 29-May-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: because