Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 announced for Xbox 360 and PS3

United States
    I seriously cant wait for this game... I got my preorder on Amazon months ago and I cant wait for the day i come home to the game magically just appearing from the post master!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    dont you have any mates with a 360 and live? you could use a cheap memory stick using the last patch to turn it into a 360 memory device, buy it on your mates, put it on the stick and-

actually, doesnt it cement it to the one account or is that just arcade games?

-OR, transfer your account to the stick, go round a mates, use a free live card thats in damn near every game to get the 72 horus or whatever, buy and download the passing, take it home and install it.

actually, would it work without a connection at all?

actually, does nick even play l4d?

Find out next time on dragonball Z!
    Jesus H Christ ... what a lot of hassle - fuuuuuuuuuck that.

I've still never played L4D, nor do I have XBL as you well know. A mate or two does, but memory sticks are only as big as 512mb (official ones, not tempting fate with any non-official shit) and they're insanely hard to find so I've found ... still got 230mb on mine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post

I don't think young Klaus plays L4D. Something about there not being a 'snort' gameplay function.
    Klaus? "Snort" function? @confused:

I think you'll find I'm confuddled.

One thing's for sure ... mu'fukkas run.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Nicklaus. Bone ash.

BTW, unrelated to the topic but related to the last few posts. Nice graffiti in 'The Passing' with 'Roger, see you at the mall. Francine.'
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Yeah, I mean, who doesn't want to see zombies snorting bone ash? I mean come on people of the world.

Got my DR2 pre-ordered, but Mafia 2 comes out just before it - so I'll be prioritising Mafia 2 (which looks sexy as all get out, I think Capn agrees with me on that point, if memory serves - one sexy looking game). So 'fairly similar but still cool with me sequel' will take a back seat to Mafia 2 for me, as I've never played Mafia 1 (so it's all brand new to me) and it just looks all kinds of sexy.

Then afterwards I'll be able to enjoy DR2 for what I want out of it - *Aldo Raine mode on* killin' zombies. *Aldo Raine mode off*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Jesus H Christ ... what a lot of hassle - fuuuuuuuuuck that.

I've still never played L4D, nor do I have XBL as you well know. A mate or two does, but memory sticks are only as big as 512mb (official ones, not tempting fate with any non-official shit) and they're insanely hard to find so I've found ... still got 230mb on mine though.

See, if you havent got a regular net connection to it you wouldnt know but the last update made it so you can plug in any cheap 2gig memory stick you can find in partners like like £4 and make it a memory device for the 360, up to 16gig but 2 gigs is more than enough.

-now that i think about it do you HAVE the nxe on your xbox or is it the old blades crap?

Super Moderator

UK
    The fuck is "nxe"?

I recently moved my profile onto my 512mb stick (which has 230mb left on it now) to install the update I've been getting pestered about every fucking time I insert a game, which has now allowed me to have that silly avatar guy in the corner (although I did fully customise him ) ... so that's where I'm at with my Xbox. The only updates that get applied are the ones carried on videogame discs themselves.

I don't follow on this 2gig/16gig memory stick business you're on about - explain for us non-XBL laymen, would you kindly?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    The fuck is "nxe"?

I recently moved my profile onto my 512mb stick (which has 230mb left on it now) to install the update I've been getting pestered about every fucking time I insert a game, which has now allowed me to have that silly avatar guy in the corner (although I did fully customise him ) ... so that's where I'm at with my Xbox. The only updates that get applied are the ones carried on videogame discs themselves.

I don't follow on this 2gig/16gig memory stick business you're on about - explain for us non-XBL laymen, would you kindly?
    Well shit, now i gotta.

the last update to the 360 means you take any usb external memory device and plug it in a usb slot in "memory" select it and something like 'format for 360 use' and its not a memory stick for the console, up to 16 gigs, allowing for installed games, saves, account info ect. to be moved around.

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh right, so a normal memory stick, like one I'd use on a PC, but dedicated to 360 use, could be used to store and back-up data, as well as download shit from XBL to use on your own 360? How do I know if I've got that update or not, seeing as I only ever update from game discs (got the avatar update from AC2).

What about updates to the console itself in order to play such content, could you download those updates to a USB stick and then somehow transfer them?

I also take it that the USB stick would plug in where the control pads go, right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "control pads."

"plug in."

is this the 70's? you plug usb memory sticks in the usb ports.

Basically you might have it you might not, any update will probably be included in the dlc download or not be madatory.

controller cables, good lord.

this deserves a nuzlocke:

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, they're control pads ... and yes, I stick with cables - none of that battery shit having to charge them up to play a freakin' game. And yes, you tend to "plug in" stuff into slots, sheesh...

A touch of the old school would do you good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    And yes, you tend to "plug in" stuff into slots, sheesh...

A touch of the old school would do you good.

Why would you think this?!?

£4 for a charger and having no wires or goddamn batteries, feels good man.

-this deserves a second reaction picture, just because:

Super Moderator

UK
    Charging up a friggin' joypad ... pfft.

Plus I don't like not having a wire attached ... it throws off the balance of a joypad ... like turning a normal car into a convertible, the feel is all thrown off.

With wires I can play whenever I want and not have to worry about friggin' charging up the damn joypad, I mean geez...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Dead Rising 2 Developer Interview

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    It appears you can carry over experience points and certain bonuses from Case Zero to Dead Rising 2:

United States

yup, that's an instant download...any date/price announced yet? surely it's less than a month or so with DR2 dropping on 8/31....

Super Moderator

UK
    I wish they'd put out DR2 with Case Zero on disc for us sorts without XBL or harddrives on their 360s.