Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V (video game)

United States
    God. I wish I still had a pto day left so I could call out of work on Tuesday!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Prepare to let your jizz spill ... the GTA V map has been revealed via a leaked picture of the inside of the GTA V game guide book:

Tagged it incase anyone didn't want to see the map until they got in-game.

Now, apparently, the GTA IV map fits inside half of that big chunk of city layout at the bottom ... the RDR map fits very easily inside the middle third of the map with lots of room to spare.

They show you how in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWr4EAZ9taw

SIX FREAKIN' DAYS TO GO, BITCHES!!!

Administrator

England
    MZ... Have you actually got any "man fluids" left in your body now?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    MZ... Have you actually got any "man fluids" left in your body now?
    Why do you ask?

I'm still quite blown away by how vast that map is ... good lord, Rockstar! I can't wait to go rummaging around in that wilderness to see what crazy antics I can get up to.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm still quite blown away by how vast that map is ... good lord, Rockstar! I can't wait to go rummaging around in that wilderness to see what crazy antics I can get up to.
    You've got to wonder how much stuff is tucked away
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    You've got to wonder how much stuff is tucked away
    In his "Man Fluids?!?!"
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    In his "Man Fluids?!?!"

But yeah Neil, I can't wait to go rummaging around in the nether regions of Blaine County and Los Santos to see what's going on underneath the surface ... little hidden treasures and easter eggs dotted around.

Get your love spuds slapped around by these:

FIVE MORE DAYS!!!

United States
    just got an email from rockstar notifying me that my card has been charged and my order is being prepared to ship...just a damn shame i will be out of town training for my new job next week. i told the gf to get that shit installed on my hdd while i'm gone so i can play thtat shit as soon as i get in next friday!

Ireland
    Looking at those screens, I am wondering if current gen consoles will be able to run those graphics acceptably. TBH, I wasn't that impressed with GTAIV on the xBox and felt that the bloom was way OTT. GTAIV got away with a lot, because things were hidden behind the buildings of Liberty City, but when in the open, there was a huge amount of "pop in". The actual graphics, themselves, were nothing to write home about, despite the game being very entertaining, as most 3D GTA games have been.

I seriously think that there are going to be some struggles on the 360 and the PS3 with this one, or some severe optimisation that show those "screenshots" up in a real time game.

I hope I'm wrong.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    From what I've heard in Q&A's with folks who have had hands-on experience with the game, there's no problems with the game lagging or whatever. At most there's instances of details in the far distance popping up once they're 'near enough' to appear on the horizon ('near enough' still being from a bloody long way away), but other than that - and when asked directly - from what I've seen/heard, those who have had hands-on time with the game say it runs well on current gen. Indeed, those trailers - like all Rockstar games - are made with in-game footage.

Now, I think if they'd released it six months ago as originally planned, there might very well have been such issues, but they delayed the game to improve the experience - and I'd imagine getting it to feel smooth was one of those priorities.

Generally speaking about graphics and 'the look', I think Rockstar have learned a lot as the games have continued - Red Dead Redemption was a big step up in crafting the visuals to make beautful vistas and not get too carried away with certain effects. Have faith, brother shoot, this is Rockstar, not Ubisoft.

I think I'll be up bright and early on Tuesday with my hands poised at the letterbox waiting for the game to slide into my hands.

Psst - 4 days to go.

Administrator

England
    Still no release date for the PC?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Still no release date for the PC?
    Steady on chap, they've got to get the major console release out the door yet.

I'd wager around about spring 2014 for a PC release. They'd have to optimise it and make some tweaks first, and you're gonna concentrate on the first release first of all rather than split your resources. One thing at a time, like. For example, GTA San Andreas came out around about this time in 2004, and the PC release was June 2005.

I'm sure there will be a PC release though - it'd be daft not to, plus GTA IV, LA Noire, and Max Payne 3 were all released on PC ... no idea why RDR never got a PC port though, that was weird. GTA V will definitely make it to PC, mind.

Undisclosed
    I think I will wait, until Black Friday to get this. It will be cheaper and I already have too many unopened games to play as it is. Have fun.

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAPeinIvs6U

A taste of Blaine County, where you can make gravity your bitch.

3 days ... 3 days ... 3 days...

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I'm sure there will be a PC release though - it'd be daft not to, plus GTA IV, LA Noire, and Max Payne 3 were all released on PC ... no idea why RDR never got a PC port though, that was weird. GTA V will definitely make it to PC, mind.
    Rockstar had better up their game though, because the PC release of GTA IV was bloody pitiful. No way I'm touching this game on a PC.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....