Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Island (video game)

Administrator

England
    So, anyone pre-ordered?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    whats the point? i have never in 20 years been told a game is out of stock. not like the preorder bonuses to ensure provider loyalty stay exclusive forever.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So, anyone pre-ordered?
    Nope, I'm finding it hard to feel any excitement over this game, as I said on the previous page they've made it look even more arcade like than Left 4 Dead with the stupid points flashing up on screen everytime you strike a zombie, like its Mortal Kombat or something! And the stupid weapon combos like that electrified machete that I've seen in some of the videos, why would electrifying a machete make it any more effective?? I wouldnt mind if they were advertising it as a daft zombie killin' game from the start, but those emotional trailers which sucked us all in seem to have been just a front for another arcade zombie basher. I'd like to be proved wrong but I'm not hopeful...

Scotland
    Yep, pre-ordered on Steam.

Will have the game the moment it is released.

United States
    You'd think this would be a no-brainer, but I'm still on the fence because developers are unproven in making a quality game. Will wait for reviews/impressions before buying.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    The poland only preorder. Everything from bear grylls everyday survival kit sans a steaming mug of his piss.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK

Me want! Me want! Not been this stoked for a game in a long while.

Damn, this is gonna be a loooooong week...

Super Moderator

UK
    Why do they keep releasing two versions of their trailers? One for Europe, and one for America. The last time they did that there was literally no difference between the two trailers - and I'm assuming it's the same situation with this one. So what's all that about?

England
    Hmmm so in the trailer there it doesnt have the stupid arcade in game HUD which flashes up points & Mortal Kombat style "combos" everytime you hit a zombie, does that mean you can remove that from the game and make it more realistic? Thats one of the main things thats putting me off, it makes it seem too cartoonish to take seriously...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Hmmm so in the trailer there it doesnt have the stupid arcade in game HUD which flashes up points & Mortal Kombat style "combos" everytime you hit a zombie, does that mean you can remove that from the game and make it more realistic? Thats one of the main things thats putting me off, it makes it seem too cartoonish to take seriously...
    i think they said last weeks its an optional thing to make the 4 player co-op a bit different in tone compared to a more serious experience some other players may want.

Ireland
    I hate running zombies
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I hate running zombies
    From what I understand, there's shamblers and some quicker moving zombies in this one. Don't know how much of a "runner" they are (the ones I saw were just sorta quicker moving zombies, not the full-on sprinters like in Left4Dead).

I pre-ordered it for my son, who is a major zombie game fan. He's been looking forward to this for a very long time, and after that creepy-assed "reversed" trailer, pre-ordering it became a requirement for him.

I think the one thing I dig about the gameplay scenes i've seen is the fact that the game doesn't seem to feel the need to throw 3,000 zombies at you at once. It seems like in most places they're spread out in a way that, unlike Left4Dead, makes it feel like you're not just dealing with wave after wave of zombie hordes.

We'll see how good of a job they did next week. *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 02-Sep-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: e

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I think the one thing I dig about the gameplay scenes i've seen is the fact that the game doesn't seem to feel the need to throw 3,000 zombies at you at once. It seems like in most places they're spread out in a way that, unlike Left4Dead, makes it feel like you're not just dealing with wave after wave of zombie hordes.

We'll see how good of a job they did next week. *fingers crossed*
    thats my only gripe with left 4 dead 2. brilliant game with friends. but the zombies start to just stop being a threat and just a human cattle drive where you stand still to admire the scenery and the director adds mroe just because.

i mean when youve killed like 56,3064949 of them or whatever the achievement is the threat is kind of shitty and loses impact.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I pre-ordered it for my son...
    Yeah, yeah, Lou...pre-ordered "for your son."

Poor kid isn't going to get a look in.

:P
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....