Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

The fear the hunters arc that came next took it further into unsettling territory. But it lead nicely into what looks like the next stage of ricks breakdown. From his fight in the prison to the deal with the governor and then losing lori and his daughter and the phone and now some recent personality traits and choices that make me think that rick is not going to be the protagonist by at least issue 110. kirkmans forshadowed it for years now.

I dug the Fear the Hunters arc. Was pretty disturbing what those people did, but I kinda knew Rick and company would wipe the floor with them. I loved how Dale was laughing maniacally and was yelling 'tainted meat' after he found out they ate his other foot.

I agree though, I expect the unexpected with Kirkman, and killing off Rick would be quite unexpected. Who do you think would take his place? I don't see Michonne or Carl dying any time soon, and I'd be pretty pissed if Andrea bit the dust. I think the best choice is Abraham for a new leader. Abraham is bad ass and a very suitable replacement, if Rick were to die. I've kinda felt Rick was doomed after the Governor amputated his hand.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post

I dug the Fear the Hunters arc. Was pretty disturbing what those people did, but I kinda knew Rick and company would wipe the floor with them. I loved how Dale was laughing maniacally and was yelling 'tainted meat' after he found out they ate his other foot.

I agree though, I expect the unexpected with Kirkman, and killing off Rick would be quite unexpected. Who do you think would take his place? I don't see Michonne or Carl dying any time soon, and I'd be pretty pissed if Andrea bit the dust. I think the best choice is Abraham for a new leader. Abraham is bad ass and a very suitable replacement, if Rick were to die. I've kinda felt Rick was doomed after the Governor amputated his hand.
    I'm glad you asked this. I have been thinking about this very same question since I finished "Fear the Hunters". If Rick were to be killed off, I feel certain that young Carl would become more of a focus; maybe even the series taking on a POV from Carl.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Andrea taking the spotlight as series lead. In my opinion, she has gone thru the most changes since her debut back in issue 2 (or was it 3?). Originally, she was merely a background character who didn't contribute much. How different is she now? I'd definitely be interested in seeing her take the lead.

Undisclosed
    So, uhh, I don't feel like digging though all of the posts. When does the series open?

EDIT: Forget it. October.
    Last edited by Cinerary; 11-Jul-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I'm glad you asked this. I have been thinking about this very same question since I finished "Fear the Hunters". If Rick were to be killed off, I feel certain that young Carl would become more of a focus; maybe even the series taking on a POV from Carl.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Andrea taking the spotlight as series lead. In my opinion, she has gone thru the most changes since her debut back in issue 2 (or was it 3?). Originally, she was merely a background character who didn't contribute much. How different is she now? I'd definitely be interested in seeing her take the lead.
    Knowing kirkman i imagine the newer guy with the handlebar tache' would take over, he doesnt do female protagonists that well or often but i would think andrea would be the best choice.

Dying

United States

Yea, I definitely think Carl would take the focus of the series. In fact, I hope it does go that way, and we get to see him get progressively older. (Imagine at TWD #200, we get a "15 Years Later..." and get a 20-something year old Carl. )

Knowing kirkman i imagine the newer guy with the handlebar tache' would take over, he doesnt do female protagonists that well or often but i would think andrea would be the best choice.
    Handlebar stache-man is the very character I had said was best, his name is Abraham. It appears all three of us are in agreeance: Andrea and Abraham for two new adult leads!

United States
    Handlebar stache-man is the very character I had said was best, his name is Abraham. It appears all three of us are in agreeance: Andrea and Abraham for two new adult leads!
    Andrea = You can't go wrong with a sniper chick

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Trouble is by the 70's there is very few of them who arent fundamentally damaged in some intrinsic way by now.

Kirkmans said before he has toyed with killing off everyone and having another group just stumble on them as zombies, raiding there final holdout for supplies. which is possibly a much more likely outcome post issue 100.

United States
    Trouble is by the 70's there is very few of them who arent fundamentally damaged in some intrinsic way by now.

Kirkmans said before he has toyed with killing off everyone and having another group just stumble on them as zombies, raiding there final holdout for supplies. which is possibly a much more likely outcome post issue 100.
    Oh man....how utterly heartbreaking, yet fantastically cool!

United States
    well, since this thread has crossed over from the tv series to the comics, just thought i'd add that i finally got around to ordering the 5th hardcover book, should be here this week.

will be sitting back down and re-reading all the books to get back into the mindset, looking forward to picking up where book 4 leaves off after the showdown at the prison.

Dying

United States
    Andrea = You can't go wrong with a sniper chick
    Exactly.

That...sounds kinda cool. Actually, it sounds really cool, I'd be down for that. To see what was left of the original cast and their newer com-padres as zombies would be crazy.

United States
    That...sounds kinda cool. Actually, it sounds really cool, I'd be down for that. To see what was left of the original cast and their newer com-padres as zombies would be crazy.
    You know, upon further thought on the topic, I think there should be at least one survivor left to join the "new" group. I think without that, it would be too much of a shock for the system (so to speak) and too convenient of a jumping off point for long time readers.

Still, very interesting proposition...

United States
    I have no desire to see anyone in the group bite the dust. But I take it in stride when they do. I dunno about the Rick thing though. . . I can't see him going out.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Why do zombie movies make people so angry and form angry cliques?

thewalkingdeadpodcast.com

FRANK DARABONT, GALE ANNE HURD, ROBERT KIRKMAN AND THE CAST OF AMC’S SERIES “THE WALKING DEAD”

DESCEND ON COMIC CON 2010

“The Walking Dead” Exclusive Sneak Preview and Panel Event Takes Place

Friday, July 23rd at 11:30am, Room 6BCF

Get “Zombified” in AMC’s “The Walking Dead” Booth 3721

Plus Limited Edition Giveaways

Autograph Session with Panelists

Highly Anticipated Series Premieres in October during AMC Fearfest

NEW YORK, NY – July 9, 2010 – The stars and producers of AMC’s highly-anticipated series “The Walking Dead,” based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, will descend on Comic Con 2010 for a panel event and exclusive sneak preview of the original drama. “The Walking Dead” panel, scheduled for Friday, July 23 at 11:30am in room 6BCF, will feature series stars Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually), Jon Bernthal (“The Pacific”), Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”), Laurie Holden (The Mist), and Emma Bell (“Law & Order”). Joining the cast are writer, director, executive producer and three-time Academy Award nominee Frank Darabont(The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile); executive producers Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon), make-up artist Greg Nicotero (George Romero’s Land of the Dead,The Mist); and Joel Stillerman, AMC’s SVP of original programming, production and digital content. “The Walking Dead” will premiere this October during AMC Fearfest, the network’s annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films.

During the hour-long event, moderator Eric Moro of IGN.com will lead panelists in a discussion about their experience shooting the series in Atlanta, and the process of bringing Kirkman’s comic book to life on the small screen, among other topics, followed by an exclusive first look at “The Walking Dead,” and a Q&A session with attendees.

“The Walking Dead” panel will be complemented by a number of on-the-ground activities taking place throughout Comic Con:

* Attendees will have an opportunity to get “zombified” by visiting “The Walking Dead” booth and putting themselves into a zombie scene from the series via a touch screen and AMC will email the photo to them.
    * AMC will distribute limited edition “The Walking Dead” series posters from internationally recognized movie poster artist, Drew Struzan (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Hellboy and more).
    * An autograph session will take place with Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero and Gale Anne Hurd in the Image Comic Books booth.
    * AMC will distribute limited edition “The Walking Dead” series buttons.
    * AMC will have “The Walking Dead” walkers around the convention center and booth.
    * “The Walking Dead” booth will be a semi-recreation of a scene from the pilot episode.
    Last edited by Sammich; 13-Jul-2010 at 06:53 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So anyone here going to comic con?

* AMC will distribute limited edition “The Walking Dead” series posters from internationally recognized movie poster artist, Drew Struzan (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Hellboy and more).
    FUCK. YEAH.

Greatest dead poster ever, I'm calling it now without having seen it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Greatest dead poster ever, I'm calling it now without having seen it.
    Even if it has sprinters?