Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    The Day remake looks worse than the Dawn remake. Ving Rhames as Captain Rhodes? Whoever was in charge of the casting needs to have his/her head checked.

When will people realize, just because Ring Vhames was good in Pulp Fiction doesn't mean that he'll be a good fit to play Captain Rhodes?

This movie is going to be pure, frothing ****. No question about it.

Undisclosed
    This is not a REMAKE, simply a new story with an OLD TITLE. No scientists, no military base!!! Good as a zombie movie, bad as an remake.

-The One Shot Wonder

United States
    Saw the trailer and I think this pretty much sums it up.....

It looks Children of the Living Dead bad, like BAD bad. It look like a random crappy straight to DVD zombie flick, why in the HELL is it called Day of the Dead? It's not even trying to be a remake, sad, really really sad.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Undisclosed
    gaaaaaayyy.....T_T

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

What is this?

It kind of reminds me more along the lines of Romero's The Crazies, but with the people looking more like zombies. It is a sad day when people look at these movies and lump the beloved Dead trilogy in with them. I'm rather suprised it doesn't have Micheal Bey's name as director.

Undisclosed
    I have to agree with a lot of what Im reading. I think I may have posted on this thread before but I dont remember.

No I dont appreciate the fact that it does not follow the original plot line. Yes it is sad to know that the best movies ever made are being lumped in with a bunch of horrible wanna bees. I guess the powers that be just dont care about the history and originality of DotD. Zombies are a hot commodity and so its time to cash in. Night '90 sucked, Dawn remake was not great, Day remake looks bad (and I dont mean cool), Land could have been perfect (I still love you George).

Would walking zombies sell today? I think not. Since it comes down to the money, I dont think we will see them ever again. Look at Star Wars, if you really break it down to a point of not being familiar with the setting, character, and plot its really not that impressive. At the same time the simplicity of these things is what make Star Wars so great! Then the money grubbers come and steal the show (ep 1,2,3 anyone). Can we really expect something spontaneous to regenerate the same experience? Good or bad there is a reason its called the first time.

I am going to watch this new movie. I am going to enjoy it. I am going watch it again and again and again. I am never going to consider this as anything more than a copy of something original. It would take a lot of work to ever convince me to include anything new as a comparison to the 3. i like to think that I judge things fairly based on what is being presented. What is being presented is a horror movie loosely based on themes invented by George A Romero. I love 28 Days Later because it was great and original. It did what it was supposed to do. So to compare this remake with the original is worthless . Lets just hope that it is a good movie and satisfys our interests in this genre.
    Look behind you!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just read on IMDB that Warner Brothers is distributing DAY 2007 in theaters. I mean IMDB is pretty unreliable, but if Warner Brothers picked it up maybe it is better than we are thinking it is... although the WB did give us The Dukes of Hazzard movie.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Maybe the WB are looking to make a quick buck on the low end of making quick bucks ... I still highly doubt, nay am guaranteeing, that Day of the Remake will suck balls.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I mean IMDB is pretty unreliable ...
    I always hear this and wonder what this is in contrast too ?

That is a misconception at best I think.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I still highly doubt, nay am guaranteeing, that Day of the Remake will suck balls.
    Definately will eat the bag, but I am pretty sure that you will see it anyway

I know I will.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post

IMDB unreliable? Its got to be more reliable than Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Brubaker; 02-Jan-2007 at 12:49 AM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post

In contrast to actual facts ...IMDB has perhaps 30% of the facts on actors/actresses accurate, thats a given, after reading many of these stars info on IMDB and then interviewing a few I found myself with egg on my face more than once...most of the info on there is put in by users who think they're in the know & IMDB does not verify this info...so as DJ stated...It's pretty unreliable.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed, IMDb is useless for films that are in production or especially pre-production, the facts are scattergun in their truth and are often based on rumors taken as absolute fact.

IMDb is great for films that are fully out there, it's especially good movies that have been around for a year or so and then beyond that it's also rather good. It's just the problem with films that are incomplete and in production.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom View Post
    if you wanna-be Eberts think you can do better, have at it. i hope you can take the same criticism that you dish out.
    This is comment is inane and meaningless. Movies are made for people to watch. Fans of this genre know what they like and when general disapproval is met, the people involved in making the film should care enough to modify what they're presenting to their public.

It's a cheap and sneaky movie riding on the name of another movie, just to make something that completely obliterates the source material. For instance, it would be nice for once if someone were to remake a film, adding in the material that had to be lost because of budget cuts from the previous run. Or fleshing out the original material from a different perspective.

Making a cheap budget action film with zombies slapped in is not a remake. It only shares the title of the original and that's misleading.

And for the record, if you give me a budget, I'll make you a zombie film. Dish out the cash and I'll prove you wrong.
    =UZ=

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    I think it looks alright. It looks different enough to be a good film. I got the impression it was just gonna be a straight remake of Day, which lets face it doesn't need to happen. At least this is different enough to be a stand alone movie. I'm interested in seeing the Zombie Outbreak from the Army's point of view, I'm actually lookin forward to this now.
    I cant kind of agree but not. I was hoping that they would maybe take the original draft of Day Of The Dead (i never get tired of reading it), with the Soldier zombies, and the whole underground civilization/ghetto and all that crazy shyt.

But Im sure ill plunk down my money to see it anyway, zombies are zombies, even if they do run around yelling like retards at Chuck E Cheese