Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead - Most wanted game of 2008

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Pfft, Final Fantasy 6 is way better, Tricky.
    I never played 6!i loved 7 but never got into any of the ones that followed.

So is left 4 dead any good then?ive watched a few clips on youtube & it looks interesting,but maybe a bit arcade-like for me...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Pfft, Final Fantasy 6 is way better, Tricky.
    Actually, I thought FF8 shat on 6 and 7 put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So is left 4 dead any good then?ive watched a few clips on youtube & it looks interesting,but maybe a bit arcade-like for me...
    I believe it to be the best zombie game since Resident Evil 2, although both games are totally different in their own right. Imagine being dropped into a blender, diced at 1000mph and waking up to what's left of your teeth being kicked the fuggout by a bunch of football hooligans. Yeah, I think that's accurate.
    Last edited by capncnut; 19-Nov-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Administrator

England
    Again, they just need to fix the melee force field...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Actually, I thought FF8 shat on 6 and 7 put together.

I believe it to be the best zombie game since Resident Evil 2, although both games are totally different in their own right. Imagine being dropped into a blender, diced at 1000mph and waking up to what's left of your teeth being kicked the fuggout by a bunch of football hooligans. Yeah, I think that's accurate.

Ha ha Well put

Definitley one of the best game sin a looooooooooooooong time.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Scotland
    Installing now

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Installing now
    So, after 11hrs of playing it... Thoughts?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So, after 11hrs of playing it... Thoughts?
    TBH, I only played it for 15 mins before going to bed.

Would you believe it was delivered yesterday morning with another parcel and I thought it was a book so didn't open it when I got back from work until 3 hours later.

I had a shot of the Single player computer controlled teammates. I'm liking it so far, thought it was going to be all outdoors but you can go inside as well.

I hope there is more variety with the weapons too, had a pistol, shotgun and uzi so far.

What game types are there for multiplayer?

Deathmatch? Capture the flag?

Canada
    multiplayer consists of campaign (the single player storyline game, except with other people) and vs mode, where 8 people form 2 teams. one is the survivors, one plays as the boss zombies (boomer, smoker, hunter, and sometimes tank). In vs, you play through either the no mercy, or blood harvest campaign, with each team taking turns as the infected, or the survivors. each team does a chapter of the campaign as each team (it alternates so one team isn't playing as the infected all the way through) and at the end, it tallies up your teams score, and compares it too the enemy teams. Whoever finishes the entire campaign with the most points wins.

Vs is ridiculously fun....

Me and one team were playing as the infected, and we killed the survivors in 7 minutes..We all waited on the rooftops as the survivors came out. I was a hunter, another player was a hunter, one was a smoker, and one was a boomer. The boomer jumps off the roof into the middle of the survivors, sprays 2 with his bile, get shot, covers the other 2 with the bile, and a horde of infected run in. They quickly overwhelm the person closest to their spawn point, incapacitating them, then the smoker knabs one of the survivors , constricting him. Me and the other hunter take the opportunity and attack. I pounce on the incapacitated survivor, killing them in a few seconds, then pounce on the last remaining one. The guy playing as a boomer re spawns and sprays them again, bringing in another wave.

best 7 minutes of gaming i have ever been a part of.

capncnut
    Pretty good but very, very short.

I've hit single player for the first playthough and it has taken me something like 1 hour 15 minutes to do two of the four scenarios. I know I will get my replay value on Live but I have to say I'm quite disappointed by how short it all is.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    TBH, I only played it for 15 mins before going to bed.

Would you believe it was delivered yesterday morning with another parcel and I thought it was a book so didn't open it when I got back from work until 3 hours later.

I had a shot of the Single player computer controlled teammates. I'm liking it so far, thought it was going to be all outdoors but you can go inside as well.

I hope there is more variety with the weapons too, had a pistol, shotgun and uzi so far.
    Single play is good for learning the levels, althought TBH they're pretty linear and you may as well just learn them playing co-op online.

The weapons are...
    Tier one
    - One or two Springfield Armory M1911
    - Uzi machine gun
    - Pump-action shotgun
    Tier two
    - M16 assault rifle
    - Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun
    - Ruger Mini-14 hunting rifle

Personally my preference is uzi for tier 1, and then super shotgun for tier 2 especially if you have dual pistols for limitless longer range shooting.

With the uzi and m16, remember controlled bursts of 3-4 shots at a time are most effective. ie: If a horde is coming at you, try for head height, and shot a couple of rounds at a time, and reload as soon as you can... Crouch for better accuracy.

That super shotgun is just stunning!! (At close range) - Use pistol(s) for longer range.
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i've really been too busy with world at war to play that much of l4d, but i've enjoyed the little bit i've played so far. kinda rough switching between those two games, as the controls and overall fell are much different. like capn, i've not really bothered playing online yet, so i'm sure i'm missing the best part.

i'd have to throw in that this game is good, but i still think dead rising and resident evil (the gamecube remake, which i just got a new copy of and will begin replaying next week) are the best zombie games ever made. probably saying that due to my preference for romero-style living dead vs. track star "infected"

England
    This is the most beautifully balanced game I have ever played.
    Absolutely stunning on Advanced level.
    Still haven't got off No Mercy yet but I don't care, I'm having far too much fun.
    I nearly got to the helicopter once but a frakking smoker hooked me at the last moment.

Brilliant
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    This is the most beautifully balanced game I have ever played.
    Absolutely stunning on Advanced level.
    Still haven't got off No Mercy yet but I don't care, I'm having far too much fun.
    I nearly got to the helicopter once but a frakking smoker hooked me at the last moment.

Brilliant
    I don't think it's particularly well balanced, but most importantly it doesn't really matter as the mechanics of it all just means a damn fun ride...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Pretty good but very, very short.

I've hit single player for the first playthough and it has taken me something like 1 hour 15 minutes to do two of the four scenarios. I know I will get my replay value on Live but I have to say I'm quite disappointed by how short it all is.
    Well if you play a game on easy like a girl, it is gonna be short

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Well if you play a game on easy like a girl, it is gonna be short
    This isn't about single player experience etc... It's about playing with mates and having a bloody good co-op experience...
    -Carl Sagan