View Poll Results: What did you think of Survival of the Dead?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it.

19 13.01%
  • Liked It.

53 36.30%
  • Meh, neither here nor there.

25 17.12%
  • Disappointed.

29 19.86%
  • Hated it.

20 13.70%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who **have seen** Survival of the Dead - - - opinion poll!

Super Moderator

UK
    Well a clear majority "liked it", so once again - like with Land and Diary - HPOTD's response was more positive than negative by a decided margin.

The haters who shout the loudest might not like it, but it's the way it is.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Having now seen it several times....I think my vote was a bit too generous....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    What did you vote originally?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I voted I liked it at first. But the more time I've had to sit on it.....I would now probably vote disappointed or meh.

No biggie. Opinions change.

The bad part is that both this film and Diary have been dropping on my charts. I still enjoy Land, maybe even more as time goes on, but these two are sinking faster and faster...
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Jan-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    LMFAO !

Survival sucks hairy donkey nuts.

That is all.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well a clear majority "liked it", so once again - like with Land and Diary - HPOTD's response was more positive than negative by a decided margin.

i'd argue that the majority of HPotD'ers were on drugs or blinded by romero-fan-boy-ism when they saw this film and voted.

i honestly couldn't find any redeeming qualities at all in survival, and find the results of this poll to be very questionable....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'd argue that the majority of HPotD'ers were on drugs or blinded by romero-fan-boy-ism when they saw this film and voted.

i honestly couldn't find any redeeming qualities at all in survival, and find the results of this poll to be very questionable....
    You can add my name to that petition.

I posit that Gar released diary and survival in order to make Land look like a masterpiece.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    i actually thought that was pretty neat. I don't know if other people thought so... but I liked it!
    Same here

Administrator

England

The majority of germans in 1930 thought Nazism was good, that make that right?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post

Haters hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Jan-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Administrator

England
    Sorry id had more than a few last night, it was my birthday this week so sank a couple of gentleman jacks.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Nazi Germany, Andy? Seriously?

Perspective = kaput!

Noo, since your poll doesn't jive with certain opinions, MZ, the only logical conclusion is there must be conspiracy and intrigue afoot.

A new poll is required right away to get to the bottom of it!

Super Moderator

UK
    You can't define your opinion by either loving it, liking it, neither here nor there, being disappointed by it, or hating it?

Must there be options for "I like it, but only on Sundays whilst eating a cheese sandwich"?

Haters never change...

United States
    The polls do have some blatantly contradictory results. For example, more people voted Liked or better for Survival than did for Land. So comparing separate polls shows that Survival was better liked than Land. However, in the comparison polls Survival does worse than Land. Huh? The only thing I can figure is that people's expectations went down after Land and Diary such that Survival was judged less harshly on its own merits.

Personally, I find it amazing that this poll showed Survival to be this well liked. It may be that the haters gonna hate like MZ says. But I think it's just as likely that the results are skewed based on the fact that people had to work harder to see the movie than either Land or Diary. How many people who hated Land didn't bother to see Survival?
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    The polls do have some blatantly contradictory results. For example, more people voted Liked or better for Survival than did for Land. So comparing separate polls shows that Survival was better liked than Land. However, in the comparison polls Survival does worse than Land. Huh? The only thing I can figure is that people's expectations went down after Land and Diary such that Survival was judged less harshly on its own merits.
    Exactly. Survival totally got graded on a curve, for me anyway.

Survival can thank Diary if it ever manages to graduate and get into med school.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany