Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 announced for Xbox 360 and PS3

United States
    well, as much as i hate some of their practices, i got a deal yesterday at gamestop: for trading in a couple of games and using my store credit towards DR2, i got a 25% trade-in bonus.

great to hear that case zero will have a decent amount of gameplay in it, i was a bit disappointed by the initial reports of a 30-minute completion time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, this is welcome news.

More bang for our buck is always a plus.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

United States
    just woke up to read that case zero has been delayed in japan, which i am assuming means that it's gonna be delayed elsewhere, too.

not exactly the way i wanted to start my week.

Undisclosed
    yeah just read that myself.... I was just talking to my friend about 22hours from now I would be playing case zero... Looks like I was wrong.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    just woke up to read that case zero has been delayed in japan, which i am assuming means that it's gonna be delayed elsewhere, too.

not exactly the way i wanted to start my week.
    THey can't do that! It comes out tomorrow!!! ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Okay, they can do that. And they did. In the United States, as well. That was the one major birthday present I was looking forward to. God damn it.

United States
    I can't seem to find any reports of Case Zero being delayed - anyone have a link?

If this is indeed the case, I'm going to be quite pissed off.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you search "case zero delayed" in google it'll give you a few news stories. This is the first that returns: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-n...-demo-contents

United States
    Damnit! PLEASE let it only be for the Japanese version.

Ah well, here's a new developer diary to help soften the blow of this shitty news:

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    If you search "case zero delayed" in google it'll give you a few news stories. This is the first that returns: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-n...-demo-contents
    That's wierd because I just checked on the dashboard yesterday and it's said it's coming out this week.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That's wierd because I just checked on the dashboard yesterday and it's said it's coming out this week.
    I searched google and found nothing that reported Case Zero was being delayed from it's August 31st release date (just really old links to case zero stories/press releases) - Thanks MP. I must be wearing my monday-morning glasses.

Ok, wait a sec, so they're delaying this because of "language" in the game?! Get the fuck outta here! They should've taken care of that long before the release date was announced!

Geez... these game makers amaze me.

***edited to add:

No, wait a sec, lemme correct that:

"Capcom told Famitsu that the reason for the delay is due to inappropriate language being in the free demo part of the game. While the content will remain in the full game, they are now trying to fix the demo and the new release date is to be determined."

What is this "free" demo they are talking about? Case Zero isn't "free"?? Please tell me they didn't delay the PAID version of Case Zero if the DEMO had problems....???

Color me confused.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 30-Aug-2010 at 03:09 PM.

United States
    Jeuxactu (French website) has contacted Capcom, it's only delayed in Japan :

[MAJ 16:25] Contacté par nos soins, Capcom a indiqué que la sortie de Dead Rising 2 : Case Zero n'était retardée qu'au Japon en réalité, et que sa date de mise en ligne sur le Xbox Live Arcade en Europe - le 31 août - demeurait inchangée.
    http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-4717...o-retarde.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Jeuxactu (French website) has contacted Capcom, it's only delayed in Japan
    Well lets hope that's correct info.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Jeuxactu (French website) has contacted Capcom, it's only delayed in Japan :
    Gahhh, I hope so!!!

United States
    Confirmation directly from Capcom's blog:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/b...ed_in_the_west

You may have read this morning that Dead Rising 2: Case Zero has been delayed in Japan, and I can confirm that this is true. However, Case Zero will be releasing tomorrow as planned here in the West.
    Crisis averted!