Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people hate LOTD

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsyfn
    As an example Cholo taking dead reckoning and threatening to destroy the Green was rediculous. His character was supposed to be a hardened "I dont give a ****" guy that had many opportunities to kill kaufman and move on with his life. Instead he ran with his tail between his legs and bitched about money... money that would mean nothing to anyone that was living in the rest of the world. It was just rediculous - He had dead reckoning, he could have taken all the food and water they needed to survive and just go make a new life for him and his team. And kaufman and his Greenies would have been **** out of luck.
    What? You mean like Riley chose to do? Listen, there's reasons why Cholo was written that way.

Metaphorically, he represents the disenfranchised factions who have done the U.S.A.'s dirty work for them, only to have the rope cut from them when the job is done. You can take your pick but the Taliban is probably a good example. Now they've turned the very guns they were provided with onto the U.S.A...

Thematically, he makes an excellent contrast to the Riley character. Cholo wants to buy into the false security, the new 'American Dream', that Kaufman provides ...and Riley wants out. He sees it for what it is: manipulation and control. He also understands that the power of money is an illusion and makes no demands for it when making that deal with Kaufman. All he wants are wheels - a means to follow his own path - and freedom for his friends.

Undisclosed
    Deadman_Deluxe is slipping, he's had almost 2 days to point out that there's no such word as quadrilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    fair enough, haha....and i agree, it is the weakest of the quadrilogy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I know what you're saying, because through Night they get to the intelligence of a baby playing, then in Dawn it's like small children remembering things and reacting to their surroundings. Day features the same child a couple of years older and in Land you've got the rebellious teenager - and both teenagers and zombies grunt instead of talk!

MRRRH!, MUH?,- MRRRRR!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not to beat an already dead horse...

I re-watched LOTD last night just to see if maybe being in a good mood would help change my opinion of the film. There are moments when the genius of the film really shines. Superb moments when you really feel the impact the new society has brought. However, there are so many bad elements that shadow the good you can see how the film falls into oblivion.

Tis a shame really. LOTD could have been a masterpiece.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well i thought land sucked because it was a **** film, too hollywood.

same thing happened with episode 1.

Super Moderator

UK
    *shudders*

Dj used the word "genius" in a post about Land of the Dead ... dude.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    *shudders*

Dj used the word "genius" in a post about Land of the Dead ... dude.
    Yeah, but he did explain it right. There are a few moments where you can see how it COULD have been THE dead film. But yeah....I'm surprised that actually came from DJ

Super Moderator

UK
    But then look at it this way - if GAR made THE zombie movie, we'd have nothing to look forward to, there'd be nowhere else to go except humdrum. Personally I love Land, as you all probably know quite well.

With Dj appearing to be the representative of the "hate" camp, I like to think of myself as the representative of the "love" camp.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But then look at it this way - if GAR made THE zombie movie, we'd have nothing to look forward to, there'd be nowhere else to go except humdrum. Personally I love Land, as you all probably know quite well.

With Dj appearing to be the representative of the "hate" camp, I like to think of myself as the representative of the "love" camp.
    True, very true.

I'm just surprised that DJ admitted that there are a few things good in "Land". I don't think think he's loosened up that much before.

Yeah, you're the leader of the "love" camp, Minion. I like "land" alot and I'm really glad it was made, but I think I'm in more of the "Good, entertaining movie that has it's flaws, but I don't hate it" camp

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd hate to be the guy painting the banner for your camp's meetings, gosh!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    True, very true.

I'm just surprised that DJ admitted that there are a few things good in "Land". I don't think think he's loosened up that much before.

Yeah, you're the leader of the "love" camp, Minion. I like "land" alot and I'm really glad it was made, but I think I'm in more of the "Good, entertaining movie that has it's flaws, but I don't hate it" camp

Well I decided to not totally focus on the negative. The problem with LOTD in my opinion is there is so much negative stuff that overshadows the stellar moments of the film. When the bad out weigh's the good well the only thing you focus on is the bad.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm just glad to see people approaching the matter with an air of common sense. I'd rather understand why people don't like the film, than be forced to shake my head at people making over the top vitriolic statements, or watching people bear-bating one another.

So, it looks like this thread has evolved somewhat.

No, pun intended.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    *cries out Big Daddy style*

EVOLUTION!!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ......well done for that

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh I know, I rock copious amounts don't I?