Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

Twitching

Undisclosed
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=46256

Assuming it's accurate and it is a next gen favourite already out rather then anticipated favourite, it could be Dead Rising.
    It's not as impossible as it sounds, it would be lower resolution but games like Rogue Leader, Pikmin and the 100 Marios demo on the Gamecube having alot happening on screen coupled with the fact Wii is supposed to be two or three times more powerful then Gamecube may see it work.
    It could also be a opportunity to fix things and maybe expand on the original.
    Like have more pre game cut scenes the one showing the woman and her daughter was great but some showing actual survivors and psychopaths you find could be included.
    More sandbox gameplay events like more survivors to locate, or maybe another cult/special forces deal like say convicts invade the Mall.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 23-Jun-2008 at 11:25 AM.

United States
    i have no classes for the rest of the week, and no work on both wednesday and thursday, so i am going to go for the 5&7 day survivor achievements. i really dont' care about the 7-day as much, but i'm really jonesing for a lightsaber...in a mall full of zombies.

that's like reese's peanut butter cups. 2 great things that are even better together.

anyways, wish me luck!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just pray you dont get an epic fail like andy, thats in urban dictionary next to said level of failage as an example.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i have no classes for the rest of the week, and no work on both wednesday and thursday, so i am going to go for the 5&7 day survivor achievements.
    Have fun red-ringing your SexBox.

that's like reese's peanut butter cups. 2 great things that are even better together.
    Aw man, one of my faves. Sadly unavailable here.

United States

I pulled an Andy

Epic Fail, indeed.

I did the 5 day with no sweat, but started running out of food, so I started tearing ass through the mall to find psycho's to kill and get goodies from. I ended up having all kinds of food and weapons, but got tired of hiding out, so i went out and started raising all kinds of hell. ended up getting munched by zombies and dying at 6 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes. i should've just kept my ass in place and waited 5 minutes for the achievement, then ran around and acted like an idiot.

i was so shocked. 13+ hours of gaming, only to fall 5 minutes short of the required time. i did have some fun with infinite mode, though, so i'm gonna try again for the 7 day survivor sometime next week. i just hope my xbox can stand another session. if it wasn't for the damned RROD possibility, i'd probably have already done this one. 14 hours is such a long time to have your system on for, though.

have you guys ever looked at the leaderboards for survivor? the longest time anyone has is 17 days and 7 hours!

capn, i owe you a favor...pm me if you want some reese's sent across the pond.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 03-Jul-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    just pray you dont get an epic fail like andy, thats in urban dictionary next to said level of failage as an example.
    I have a week off work coming up and its on my list of things to do that week lol.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Have fun red-ringing your SexBox.

Aw man, one of my faves. Sadly unavailable here.
    still get em round here, and oreos n'****.

capncnut
    have you guys ever looked at the leaderboards for survivor? the longest time anyone has is 17 days and 7 hours!
    B-b-but that's impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    still get em round here, and oreos n'****.
    Oreos I can get. The TV ad with that kid and the dog gets right on my tits!

Super Moderator

UK
    Oreos I can get. The TV ad with that kid and the dog gets right on my tits!
    Indeed, plus we've got plenty of biscuits already!

Speaking of which, the one for Fox's Biscuits is wicked - with that mobster panda on that fancy seat calling them "bis-quits", I love that.

As for 17 days ... pfft, why bother? I'd rather keep the money spent on lecky as well as the amount of days/weeks/months that such action would have shortened the lifespan of my box by, thank you very much.

Administrator

England
    Just to let you guys know, im back on survival mode now! 7 days acheivment is as good as mine! Bwahahahahaha

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just to let you guys know, im back on survival mode now! 7 days acheivment is as good as mine! Bwahahahahaha
    Fer gawd sake, don't f*ck it up at the last hurdle again!

Administrator

England
    Carlito killed me on day 1 im embarrassed to say, im really out of shape on this game, just gimme a chance to get my flex back and i'll do it

United States

PP Collector Achievement

So I've decided to chase down my last 2 achievements in this game, PP Collector and Transmissionary. I got all PP photos and the achievement popped up, so I decided to go ahead and let the zombies finish me off....but I never got a message about my hockey-mask outfit being unlocked....anyone else experience anything like this? I'm not gonna play it and have to take all those pics again just to get the hockey mask, am I? I'd rather not, but I was really wanting that unlockable...

By the way, I noticed a couple of cool stores while playing that I'd never payed any attention to before: Bachman's Bookstore (or something like that), which I think is a nod to Stephen King's "Bachman Books" and another joint called Jill's Sandwiches, which alludes to the "Jill sandwich" line from the original Resident Evil, which hellsing mentioned in another thread recently.

All I've got left to get now is the Transmissionary achievement, then I'll have all of 'em....so when the hell is Dead Rising 2 gonna come out?

Administrator

England
    So I've decided to chase down my last 2 achievements in this game, PP Collector and Transmissionary. I got all PP photos and the achievement popped up, so I decided to go ahead and let the zombies finish me off....but I never got a message about my hockey-mask outfit being unlocked....anyone else experience anything like this? I'm not gonna play it and have to take all those pics again just to get the hockey mask, am I? I'd rather not, but I was really wanting that unlockable..
    Yes you have to complete the game to get the unlockable that goes with the acheivement.

United States
    yeah, i started a new game and just chilled at the helipad the whole time, got a crappy ending, then was told my hockey mask was available.

now all i've gotta do is get transmissionary. wish me luck!