Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead - Most wanted game of 2008

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i dont play it everyday but i can see it getting tedious, but i play it a lot online, though ive yet to with anyone off here yet, and i still love it.

though a werewolf or 30 days of night style vampire sequel would be cool. imagine 4 werewolf movies instead of zombies, maybe a canadian logging camp, an isolated american live in uni campus ect.
    Yes, we do need more werewolf movies. I thought Dog Soldiers was the muttz nuttz, I loved it.

There is the Wolf Man *sigh* remake coming next year...anyway...I thought 30 Days of Night was f*cking abominable ... like the snowman ... only really f*cking crap.

L4D ... having seen videos and such of it, I'd probably get tired of it swiftly, but then I'd have a break from it, come back and it'd be cool again, but then it'd wear off again. Like with GTA IV - I love that game - played it for a month solid, then got tired of it after completing the story ... had a break, played some other things for about 3 weeks or so, then went back to GTA IV for about another 2-to-4 weeks, then a break, then another short stint on GTA IV ... been too busy/preoccupied to play it again since then, but have been thinking about it recently.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That might very well happen for you since you don't have XBOX Live. Though, single player is still a great kick. Especially if you have a buddy over and run through it on split-screen.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://kotaku.com/5118863/chet-flais...o-write-subtly

very interesting stuff from valve in this.

-dlc announced soon.
    -possibly the two rumoured new "movies" to play through
    -versus in dead air and bloodharvest finally!
    -they mention theres lots more to cover about the infection and the world.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

United States
    That's awesome helsing.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Undisclosed
    New wallpaper for my desktop. Thanks.

United States
    Finally found Left 4 Dead and rented it. It was a pretty good game. I was surprised how quickly I got through the scenarios. Is this a good game to buy for replay value?

United States
    Absolutely Mr.G, so long as you've got Xbox Live to play co-op. Advanced and Expert modes are a must, and make the game more rewarding if and when you make it to the end. Versus mode is great, and downloadable content will be out soon enough, too.

Administrator

England
    Do we have a couple of UK folks here who want to make up numbers on a private server? Able to play Friday evenings (PC)?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    http://kotaku.com/5118863/chet-flais...o-write-subtly

very interesting stuff from valve in this.

-dlc announced soon.
    -possibly the two rumoured new "movies" to play through
    -versus in dead air and bloodharvest finally!
    -they mention theres lots more to cover about the infection and the world.
    I hope all that stuff is true. The game seemed a little bare boned for my taste. I ran through it waaaaaaaaay to quickly.

I'd like to see a wider range of weapons. Something that was disticntly missing to me was a grenade launcher or some type of weapon that could be used for crowd control.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude, my prediction?, military bunker level with a flame thrower.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    dude, my prediction?, military bunker level with a flame thrower.

Dude, that would be freaking sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    So, it's been a few weeks since the game was released. Do you feel that it lived up too all expectations? is it still fun, or has it become dull and repetitive? Does it feel like a stand alone game, or a counter strike mod?

Honestly, I'm a little pissed at myself for spending 50 bucks on what really does seem like a counter strike mod. It seems to have lost its shine and edge, and is just dull now. I really do hope they release some DLC for this soon, as it's gaming life is pretty damn short.

The DLC had better be cheap as dirt too...preferably free. Give us a ton of new levels for free and it won't feel like such a rip off cost wise.

I feel the same. it's times like this when I'm glad i have my gamefly subscription. i would have been pissed if i shelled out 55 bucks for this game. Now while i do love it i agree with mo that it's very shallow and repetative.
    It's a shame too. It feels like they missed the boat and with it the opprtunity to make a classic game. Perhaps they can build on it though or even make up for it with DLC. Maybe next time they should contact neil so they can get some insight on what we really want in a game such as that.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Do we have a couple of UK folks here who want to make up numbers on a private server? Able to play Friday evenings (PC)?
    Anyone? http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/group.php?groupid=13

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn that sucks. I'd love to get down with that except I don't qualify as UK folk. However, if anyone this side of the pond wants to get something going this weekend just post it here or p.m. me. I normally don't do online because most people on there act like assholes but a session with my hpotd peeps would be cool.

United States
    DLC announced:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2223/

February 5, 2008 — Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced a series of content and development releases for its latest title, 2008's best-selling new game property for the PC and Xbox 360, Left 4 Dead (L4D).

The first L4D DLC — dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

In addition, for PC gamers and aspiring developers, the first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system. The SDK update is also due for release this spring, and is free of charge to all owners of L4D on the PC.

"Since Half-Life launched in 1998, Valve has made continuous efforts to expand the offering of its products beyond what's included on the day of launch," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "With Half-Life and Counter-Strike, and more recently Team Fortress 2, we've learned that we're no longer making stand-alone games but creating entertainment services. With Left 4 Dead we're extending that tradition by creating additional gameplay and releasing our internal tools to aspiring developers so they may also create and distribute new Left 4 Dead experiences."

Left 4 Dead is a survival action game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 25 industry awards from outlets around the world.