Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

Super Moderator

UK
    Reviewing the trailer in detail let's see...

1) Rick (and others) must come across some unlikeable human folk (which hasn't been a major issue thus far really, beyond Merle), so it'd be good to mix things up a little with some human threat. That's backed up by Rick shouting out a window from a covered position - you can't talk down a zombie after all.

2) Rick & Shane getting hands-on ... now, this could be shortly after the barn shoot-out in 2x07, or it could be later (however I'd wager more on the former - these trailers have a history of juxtaposing shots and using certain angles etc to make us zed heads think one way when it is in fact another).

3) The zombie at the fence - not only does it look freakin' awesome, but yes, the uniform it's wearing and the grey concrete structure in back (with the grey bus) suggests a certain important location ... but then again they could be tricking us and it is in fact at another location, so who knows.

4) Clearly somebody escapes into a bus as there's a zombie trying to get through the door of one. That could make for a kick arse sequence.

5) Does the farm get invaded at one point - could it be a herd (or a mini herd) on the farm land? Might this be connected to the shot of Otis' van tear-assing down a dirt road with people inside (one of whom looks like T-Dog) ... methinks we'll see them move on from the farm during these next six episodes. Perhaps around episode 2x10 (just thinking about possible pacing of the episodes, where they'd go from there, and where many of us presume they'll end up in 2x13).

Oh the fangasm!

Super Moderator

United States
    Haven't seen the newest trailer yet, but I'm sure I'll see it soon enough. Some really interesting points you guys are bringing up, especially with regard to locales.

Can't believe it's almost that time again

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh the fangasm!
    Indeed!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Heres a better quality video and clickable

Last edited by kidgloves; 25-Jan-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: m
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not official, but this intro just gave me the giggles....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtJ5cyzMbhc

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Not official, but this intro just gave me the giggles....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtJ5cyzMbhc
    I'm not sure if we ever got that show over in the UK, but even though I've never seen it (but have heard of the title), that was brilliant.

England
    Couple of funny FX trailers for season 2. Just noticed it says TUESDAYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9OjUFxVD3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxuGrgyd0uI
    Last edited by kidgloves; 26-Jan-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: G

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Wow, some great vids being posted, especially those hilarious UK ones. And what a creative Growing Pains one.
    Knee slappers galore!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Couple of funny FX trailers for season 2. Just noticed it says TUESDAYS
    Hmm - interesting - so if that's true, we're getting in on a TUESDAY (rather than a Friday) - so I suppose they did it because UK fans (like us) were annoyed at having to wait five whole days behind our Americalander buddies to see the episode. So as it is here it's far closer to the original airing.

Plus - a new air time - it used to be 10pm on Fridays, now it's 9:15pm ... and what's more - FX isn't on ch110 at the moment, it's on ch124, so this suggests the channel is getting bumped up the list (probably at the end of this month/beginning of next) if this is indeed all true, but it must be as these ads are legit.

Mind you, the consistency of the performance of the zombie in the first advert - when compared to The Walking Dead - isn't up to snuff.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Tue? That's a lot better I guess!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Tue? That's a lot better I guess!
    Indeed, it is better for us Brits to see it nearer the time of the Americans - hopefully it doesn't impact on the ratings here in the UK too much, but at 9.15pm it shouldn't be too much of a bother for anyone worried about getting up for work the following morning. I just hope that it doesn't get at all cut at that time - but I have faith - plus the unusual time of 9.15pm does suggest a self-imposed 'buffer zone' as parents get their kids off to bed as the 9pm 'watershed' rocks around.

The good thing too for us UK HPOTD'ers is we can join the discussion much sooner, and not when the chit-chat has kind of petered out somewhat.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Reviewing the trailer in detail let's see...

1) Rick (and others) must come across some unlikeable human folk (which hasn't been a major issue thus far really, beyond Merle), so it'd be good to mix things up a little with some human threat. That's backed up by Rick shouting out a window from a covered position - you can't talk down a zombie after all.

2) Rick & Shane getting hands-on ... now, this could be shortly after the barn shoot-out in 2x07, or it could be later (however I'd wager more on the former - these trailers have a history of juxtaposing shots and using certain angles etc to make us zed heads think one way when it is in fact another).

3) The zombie at the fence - not only does it look freakin' awesome, but yes, the uniform it's wearing and the grey concrete structure in back (with the grey bus) suggests a certain important location ... but then again they could be tricking us and it is in fact at another location, so who knows.

4) Clearly somebody escapes into a bus as there's a zombie trying to get through the door of one. That could make for a kick arse sequence.

5) Does the farm get invaded at one point - could it be a herd (or a mini herd) on the farm land? Might this be connected to the shot of Otis' van tear-assing down a dirt road with people inside (one of whom looks like T-Dog) ... methinks we'll see them move on from the farm during these next six episodes. Perhaps around episode 2x10 (just thinking about possible pacing of the episodes, where they'd go from there, and where many of us presume they'll end up in 2x13).

Oh the fangasm!
    Agreed on all counts, I am really excited to see where this season takes us I have strong suspicions based on the preview and on the pace of the show compared to the comics. The comics had a number of unsavory humans in it, some of the stuff actually shocked me, I was amazed Kirkman when there and was allowed to go there.

Curiouser and curiouser

England
    Pretty intense scene of the aftermath of episode 7 courtesy of FXUK

http://fxuk.com/shows/the-walking-de.../1417104158001

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was JUST on my way to post that link. You beat me to it.

Looks like this is probably the first three minutes of the next episode. I'll put it in spoilers for people that don't watch the clip, but it makes you wonder....

why Hershel's zombified wife "played dead" if she was only shot in the jaw....

Another small FXUK promo...

Last edited by bassman; 30-Jan-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Good observation. Still

it wouldn't be the first time the 'rules' are bended in this series in order to maximise 'effect'. Remember the rotting corpses in those cars on the highway? Surely they werent all shot in the head? Why didn't they come back? Because they were behind the wheel? Or because it made for some 'nice' scenes? I suspect the latter. Still, who kows what they will come up with ...
    Last edited by krisvds; 30-Jan-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Can't wait for the start of the second half of season two - but seeing the FXUK website it still says Friday's 10pm (from Feb 17th) - so what's with those supposed FXUK promos that said Tuesdays at 9:15pm (and on ch110 to boot - when FX is on ch124)? Strange...

As for that bit people are talking about in tags:

It'll be a cheat for effect, a little jump, which is mostly okay really - you have to bend a little here and there to manipulate a scene ... but I had thought "hey, wait a minute" at the end of 2x07 when that zombie went down which was shot in the mouth - this zombie that attacks the girl (probably her former mother?) has that part of her face missing ... as to why it was 'playing possum', well I don't know, maybe zombies experience a version of shock too - plus it was underneath another zombie (so the technicalities are bent to delay it's reaction) ... it does give us a nice scythe (?) to the head though.