Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dead Films Blue-Ray?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Is there a good (PAL) Dawn bluray yet? Ideally with both Romero and Argento cuts on (in HD)? I haven't seen on yet!?
    There a brilliant Arrow BR set with all three in it, but the Argento and Extended cuts are just DVD, only the Theatrical cut is BR. I was at a showing of Dawn and Day in Glasgow last year to promote it, and in-between Ken Foree and Joe Plato retailing us with tales, the distributors talked a little about the release. Apparently they couldn't find prints of the theatrical and Argento cuts in good enough quality to make a Blu-Ray worthwhile.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    There a brilliant Arrow BR set with all three in it, but the Argento and Extended cuts are just DVD, only the Theatrical cut is BR. I was at a showing of Dawn and Day in Glasgow last year to promote it, and in-between Ken Foree and Joe Plato retailing us with tales, the distributors talked a little about the release. Apparently they couldn't find prints of the theatrical and Argento cuts in good enough quality to make a Blu-Ray worthwhile.
    Sorry, so which is in BR format?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I was watching Dr No in HD the other day (satellite). I'm so used to watching it on normal TV broadcasts, I was astounded how much detail there was on a HD broadcast...
    They've done an absolutely phenomenal job with the Bond Blu Rays. Like you, I was completely blown away the first time I saw Dr. No on the format. It looked like it was just filmed yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Sorry, so which is in BR format?
    I believe he's saying like the R1 release, only the US theatrical cut is available on Blu Ray. The Argento and Extended Cuts are currently only available on regular DVD.
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Nov-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: .

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I believe he's saying like the R1 release, only the US theatrical cut is available on Blu Ray. The Argento and Extended Cuts are currently only available on regular DVD.
    Yeah. The set contains three discs: 1x theatrical cut on Blu-Ray, 1x Argento cut on DVD, 1x extended cut on DVD.