Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KING KONG on DVD

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    Dj, I'm gonna file this one under "you've been smoking too much pot"

Seriously, this movie could've been trimmed by at LEAST 2 hours and still been a coherent film. 3 hours+ was completely unnecessary.

An hour alone just on the boat on the way to the island?! Give to me a large break.

Sorry, in my book, this movie was only so-so. Like Adrenochrome said, it's at least good coaster material.
    I agree with what DJ said but I also see where you're coming from. Some of it could have been cut but the length was great for character development. And it is definitely better than the 70's remake. I thought it was great and about equal with the original.

And one thing to remember about Adrenochrome's comment.....I may be wrong, but I don't think he's even seen "King Kong". The statement he made was because he didn't like how Jackson handled "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

United States
    Maybe so, but I still don't think even 2 hours was necessary. There was a lot more fat to trim, that's for sure.

That being said, I should say that I think the CGI was incredible in this movie, but other than that, I'd rather go watch TDR again instead.

LC

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    "Goonies never say die!"

Yeah, you're right. I think EVERYONE has seen the "Goonies" at least once.

Hey man, what is that kitchen in your footer picture? Is it the "Glutton" kitchen from "Seven"?
    "Goonies never say die!" burst out of my mouth in the middle of the movie theater when I was watching Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers just as Sam finished his speach to Frodo at the end of the movie. I am not one to be a rude b*st*rd in movies, but that just came out. Quite a few people laughed, but I did get a couple of SHHHHH!!!!

As for King Kong, I liked it. In fact, it was one of the few remakes that I felt was actually quite good.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190