Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miguel, crazy or seeking revenge?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I have to wonder what he was thinking here, or if he was thinking. At the end of Day he basically gives himself up to the zombies as a meal and as a parting shot at his former friends and colleges (liked and disliked) he allows a horde of flesh eating zombies into their sanctuary. On the surface he looks quite mad, he was experiencing abnormal circumstances, showing signs of elevated stress and fatigue.

To make matters worse he is bitten by a zombie and feels so up set about it he runs around saying how it is not his fault. He then has his arm chopped off, and the offending infected appendage cauterized by his female companion.

Now, I think it is safe to say he had a rough go of things. But was he crazy? Was it a combination of stress and fever that caused him to lose his mind and do these things? was he just out for revenge?

I am unsure.

I mean why would he doom Sarah to die at the hands of the zombie horde? He made no effort to find out if she was alive or dead, or anyone else for that matter. He simply went to the surface and in a very "sane" manner incapacitated the lift so that no one could control it from below. If his plan failed the people inside would likely die, buried alive. If he succeeded they would likely be zed food. I also find it odd that he is kissing his religious medallion and making the sign of the cross and then he commits suicide. It is of course "against God" to take your own life. It is also wrong to commit murder.

All in all in watching Day after all this time I am still not sure what was going on with him. Perhaps a combination of all things.

Thoughts?

Well, first off, as we saw the lift wasn't the only way to get out. But apparently the soldiers thought so the way they shh8t their pants when they saw the lift topside and the guts ripped out of the control panel.

When you mention that he didn't even think about sarah's welfare, I believe that's when the gay rumors started. I mean for all intents annd purposes the had has the only female left in the world and this is the way he acts!?! But that's hollywood i guess. Because any realist knows that she would have gotten gangbanged somewhere along the way.

Which brings me to rhodes and his men. If miguel was gay then they were flaming. You mean to tell me that a group of heterosexual men would shove the only woman around into a coral infested with those thiings!?! It looks as if they couldn't wait to get rid of her so they could check each other's oil.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It looks as if they couldn't wait to get rid of her so they could check each other's oil.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Which brings me to rhodes and his men. If miguel was gay then they were flaming. You mean to tell me that a group of heterosexual men would shove the only woman around into a coral infested with those thiings!?! It looks as if they couldn't wait to get rid of her so they could check each other's oil.

Excellent point, but once again. .I don't think the character Miguel was gay, just the actor. Really poor casting if you ask me.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Excellent point, but once again. .I don't think the character Miguel was gay, just the actor. Really poor casting if you ask me.
    Truthfully, I don't think he was either. Although you'd have to admit, it could definitely be interpreted that way.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I think he was at least very effeminate, and I agree he was horribly cast. I was not sure if we were supposed to feel sorry for him or not but I never did. I disliked him from the minute he ran away from a woman on the street with zombies approaching. Again it is about team they were there together, man or woman but of course something a little extra in me says he should protect her maybe that is just me.

But he takes off at a sprint, and never looks back. Should she be following sure. But the thing is you move out as a unit and watch each others back you do not run like a little girl arms flailing wildly away from the person you are teamed with.

I know that they had said there was an old silo in the back, so someone was aware there was at least the possibility of another way out. Maybe Miguel in his fever induced delirium thought that his friends would make it there successfully through a cave full of the living dead. I just have to doubt that.

I think he was crazy, and spiteful. I think he wanted to kill everyone inside. To the point made already in this thread he may very well have thought his friends were already dead, or he may not have cared, or he may have been so far gone he wanted them to die too or they may not have entered his mind.

Either way personally, I think he was both crazy and bent on revenge.