Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday the 13th trailer

ViP

United States
    I've heard that the film is a combination of parts 1 and 4. I am looking forward to it, but it does have that Michael Bay, TCM remake look to it. One thing I really don't like about the trailer is the emphasis on the sounds of a female in agony. I'm really getting tired of that as a selling point in these trailers, as if to say 'this ain't Saw but we got some ladies suffering in this one, I promise'. I don't watch these types of films for the suffering.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I just hope they've stayed true to the franchise and the mythology, rather than create some wink-to-the-audience-every-five-f*cking-minutes, piss-poorly-written, franchise-raping sack of garbage.
    Piss-poorly-written? I though the films suffered from that already.

Well ok, wouldn't say they're all poorly acted or terribly written.

I know Sean Cuningham and Victor Miller weren't careless in story and that they weren't setting out to make anything philosophical or to change the genre.
    He wanted people to be entertained, jump a few times, have a few laughs, cling to their date.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Same guy that directed the Texas Chainsaw remake. I think we all know how that turned out...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Same guy that directed the Texas Chainsaw remake. I think we all know how that turned out...
    Hey, I actually really enjoyed that remake!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Hey, I actually really enjoyed that remake!
    I guess it was OKAY in it's own right but nowhere near as good as the original. Actually....the only good thing I remember about the remake is Beil, white shirt, and water.

Super Moderator

UK
    ho-ho-yeah, Biel was AWESOME in that movie. I mean she didn't do much besides run around and scream in a tight white t-shirt and tight-ass jeans and get wet and such ... so I'd give her an Oscar, haha.

But totally, TCM'03 isn't a patch on the original, not at all and went far more TCM2 with the violence - but with a TCM1 mindset - i.e. plenty sploshy, but with grim intent, rather than schlocky japes.

TCM'03 is definitely one of the better remakes in this absolutely unashamed slew of them, as was Amityville, as was Hills Have Eyes.

But TCM: The Beginning was simply more of the same, but far less good, Hills Have Eyes 2 was an absolutely atrocious ball of sh*t surrounded by a swamp of sh*tty-sh*t-soup surrounded by a million miles of poo-water.

I think what makes TCM'03 work far better than the standard remake we keep getting OVER AND OVER AND OVER (think Prom Night, The Fog etc) is that they really did try with that film, which is evident from the hefty making-of on the special edition DVD (that folds out to a chainsaw blade, with 'crime scene' photos in a faded envelope ) ... hopefully F13'09 is more TCM'03 and less 'that chick from lost in some movie about fog and lepers'.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh yeah...I forgot about the Amityville Horror remake. That wasn't half bad. Ryan Renolds was just as good in that remake as Brolin was in the original, imo.

But back on topic....Why put Jason in a remake of the original film that he wasn't in? Because stupid f*cking kids these days - That's why. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people talk about the "Jason"(I know it's stupid, but it's a real big pet peeve of mine when people call films by their main character's name) movies and how great Jason X and Freddy vs Jason was.

It's those same little bastards that populate the theaters for "Disaster Movie" and Saw 4,768.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Oh yeah...I forgot about the Amityville Horror remake. That wasn't half bad. Ryan Renolds was just as good in that remake as Brolin was in the original, imo.

But back on topic....Why put Jason in a remake of the original film that he wasn't in? Because stupid f*cking kids these days - That's why. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people talk about the "Jason"(I know it's stupid, but it's a real big pet peeve of mine when people call films by their main character's name) movies and how great Jason X and Freddy vs Jason was.

It's those same little bastards that populate the theaters for "Disaster Movie" and Saw 4,768.
    I've heard that BOTH young boy Jason and Mrs Voorhees herself were CUT OUT of the film, relegated to the DVD deleted scenes much?

No doubt they've just gone with Jason because Jason really defines the franchise, the character is synonomous with the franchise when it's mentioned. So I can totally understand it - but cutting the mother out COMPLETELY?!

There's the voice over from the mother in the trailer, but seemingly she's cut out of the actual film.

I think it worked great in the original, but then again I don't want them to follow it step-for-step, like Psycho'98 or some sh*t.

And I think the people that perpetuate the likes of Disaster Movie are a 'special' breed of idiot, a rare kind in an unfortunately large number ... indeed.

United States
    I've heard that BOTH young boy Jason and Mrs Voorhees herself were CUT OUT of the film, relegated to the DVD deleted scenes much?

No doubt they've just gone with Jason because Jason really defines the franchise, the character is synonomous with the franchise when it's mentioned. So I can totally understand it - but cutting the mother out COMPLETELY?!

There's the voice over from the mother in the trailer, but seemingly she's cut out of the actual film.
    I REALLY hope this isn't true....

I think it worked great in the original, but then again I don't want them to follow it step-for-step, like Psycho'98 or some sh*t.
    Agreed. NOTLD '95 was a good example of how to do a remake. Stick close to the original, but not TOO close, some twists & turns are good. as are slightly "tweeking" things a LITTLE.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Agreed. NOTLD '95 was a good example of how to do a remake.

Wasn't the Night remake made in 1990?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post

Wasn't the Night remake made in 1990?
    D'OH! I've been at my job for over 13 hours now doing inventory with no end in sight, so my brain is going a little fuzzy right now...yeah, it was '90

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Im looking forward to seing the new friday the 13th as Doc said the movie would fail without Jason.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    Im looking forward to seing the new friday the 13th as Doc said the movie would fail without Jason.
    Yeah without Jason,I don't think the remake would be any good.