Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A "Quantum Leap" movie?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Fuck it. That's right. I'm sick and tired of seeing my childhood raped. I'd rather whack off to Estelle Getty work-out videos than watch something called "Quantum Leap" that ISN'T "Quantum Leap".
    This is simple. Don't see it.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Aug-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Fuck it. That's right. I'm sick and tired of seeing my childhood raped. I'd rather whack off to Estelle Getty work-out videos than watch something called "Quantum Leap" that ISN'T "Quantum Leap".

j.p.
    is it somehow going back in time and altering your childhood experience of quantum leap, ironically?
    No it's not. remakes and stuff never make the source material any shittier so your childhood remains intact and unsullied. The ip is not special, nor does it belong to you and i would rather see an interesting premise carry on than die and be forgotten and even if its shit who cares that doesnt alter whats come before it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "George Lucas raped my childhood, waaaaahhhhh" Get he fuck over it and watch the original.

United States
    Stop ragging on JDFP, I agree that I'm sick of remakes, bad or good ones. Can't Hollywood create something original?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    JD is a big boy. He can handle himself. Not ragging on him in particular, anyway.

It's true, though. I'm fucking sick of hearing people whine about it constantly. Remakes are going to happen, so get used to it. The originals will always be there.

Especially remakes of crap tv shows. Yeah, I said it. Looking back at it today, QL is a huge slice of 80's velveeta. It could benefit from a remake.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This is simple. Don't see it.
    Eh, I'm just releasing some steam. You know if it's a re-boot/re-make it will be completely botched up in a way only Hollywood can do these days. It's just frustrating is all.

Every now and then a little whining just makes me feel better. After all, being around the folks here on the board who do their own complaining/whining it makes me feel better to release some of my own steam.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just read the blurb and apparently neither Dean Stockwell or Bakula are going to be in it as Sam and Al for anything other than a "cameo" -- really, they're going to get younger actors to play them? Probably. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the beginning of a re-boot.

Let me guess... they'll throw Megan Fox in there somewhere along with Zac Efron.

j.p.
    All right buddy, get busy!

Oh, and you're welcome.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Stop ragging on JDFP, I agree that I'm sick of remakes, bad or good ones. Can't Hollywood create something original?
    No, G., that would require talent and using imagination -- Hollywood has very little of either thing.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, if people are going to keep paying good money to see it you can bet your ass they'll keep churning them out.

It's up to us really...

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's up to us really...
    That won't change a thing, brother. Not a single thing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That won't change a thing, brother. Not a single thing.
    You don't believe that if they stop making their money back on a certain type of film that they'll stop making them and instead churn out films that we will part with our hard earned money for?

It seems to me that if the consumer won't consume do to lack of interest for the product the market has to adjust and give in to what the demand is.

Imo, the key is holding on to our money until that happens.

Now if you're saying people will bitch but won't actually follow through then yeah, I'm with you on that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No....I'm saying that you can stop going to see them, but all that will do is keep them from your ten bucks. Other people will come in waves to see these things. That's why they keep making them.

So no matter what each of us do individually, the "others"(kids?) will still soak it up because they don't know any better.

And it's rare, but occasionally these remakes are great....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No....I'm saying that you can stop going to see them, but all that will do is keep them from your ten bucks. Other people will come in waves to see these things. That's why they keep making them.

So no matter what each of us do individually, the "others"(kids?) will still soak it up because they don't know any better.

And it's rare, but occasionally these remakes are great....
    So then I guess we're in agreement.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

you'd rather see 3D instead of a remake?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i didnt either til about 2 weeks ago. its almost like the sliders mythos never got 100% out there to fans. and i've been watching it since the first season premiered on fox
    When the cro-mags took wade it broke my heart.

I pretty much stopped watching religiously after that. It was here and there from then on in.