Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mexican drug war is tearing up Texas and beyond

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Na, they're getting them from their own porous southern border.

Sarcasm doesn't work too well on the Internets, but yeah, that's where a lot of the stuff is really coming from. I wouldn't be surprised if Pres. Hugo Chavez, the wanna-be Fidel Castro of Venezuala is funneling the stuff to the cartels in some type of proxy war against the US-create chaos on our immediate backdoor so we have no choice but be occupied and let him run around in S. America.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Gun control freaks will use anything - the phases of the moon, even - to attempt to further their agenda that all guns be banned.
    "The moon only has craters because of gun-toting Republicans shooting at it. We have to save our moon 'for future generations to enjoy'."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    "The moon only has craters because of gun-toting Republicans shooting at it."

(raises hand)

That would be me ... ranks right up there with "howling at the moon and shooting out the lights".

-stray-

United States
    Of course not, because everyone in America needs guns! So we can be like everyone in Sudan, Somalia, Congo, Afghanistan, Gaza, and Iraq! How dare those liberals try to protect our children. They don't realize that the only way to prevent school shootings is for every child to be armed! To busy hugging tree's I say.

For them to even suggest I take a class on how to load and properly clean my FN P90 is offensive. I ain't got no licence to drive neither, but I only hit a couple 'fore now. Like rudding no book or takin a test at the DMV would have taught me how a fo way stop worked.

I mean I've been hunting deer since I was knee high to my pa! Yeehaa F250! Nah scause me while I beat my wife and fuck this sheep!

Whats funny is, more Americans died from Guns in Chicago last SUMMER then then Iraq
    http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago....2.810166.html

"if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    It amazes me how entire governments are so weak that they let some drug cartel jackasses storm across their entire country, powerless to stop them.

Seems that they don't want to end things. Real simple: no drugs, no drug cartel. Nobody - nobody - wants to take that step. And it's the only thing that will ever work.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    It amazes me how entire governments are so weak that they let some drug cartel jackasses storm across their entire country, powerless to stop them.
    This is one of them glass house moments

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    This is one of them glass house moments
    Not quite. Nobody's running across my backyard shooting at things. And they certainly wouldn't be doing it without meeting any resistance. And I'm one guy, on a normal salary. A government is hundreds of thousands with billions in funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Of course not, because everyone in America needs guns! So we can be like everyone in Sudan, Somalia, Congo, Afghanistan, Gaza, and Iraq! How dare those liberals try to protect our children. They don't realize that the only way to prevent school shootings is for every child to be armed! To busy hugging tree's I say.
    History calls you a liar.
    Last edited by SRP76; 04-Apr-2009 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Another gun shooting in Binghamton. New York
    14 dead
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/03/...ses/index.html

Would not have happened if we MADE all our kids take guns to school. More ammunition flying around a school would have helped the situation, don't you agree?

United States

For them to even suggest I take a class on how to load and properly clean my FN P90 is offensive. I ain't got no licence to drive neither, but I only hit a couple 'fore now. Like rudding no book or takin a test at the DMV would have taught me how a fo way stop worked.

I mean I've been hunting deer since I was knee high to my pa! Yeehaa F250! Nah scause me while I beat my wife and fuck this sheep!

Whats funny is, more Americans died from Guns in Chicago last SUMMER then then Iraq
    http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago....2.810166.html

14 dead

Would not have happened if we MADE all our kids take guns to school. More ammunition flying around a school would have helped the situation, don't you agree?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/04/nyregion/04hostage.html?hp

"The killing began around 10:30 a.m. and was over in minutes, witnesses said, but the ordeal lasted up to three hours for those trapped inside the American Civic Association as heavily armed police officers, sheriff’s deputies and state troopers threw up a cordon of firepower outside and waited in a silence of uncertainty ... About 1:30 p.m., police SWAT teams moved into the building ..."

I agree with you, Ex, someone inside that building should have been armed as it took police THREE HOURS before entering. By then it was long over, of course, which goes to show that the police cannot be relied on to protect us from such killers.

You mentioned something about licensing?

"But the official said Mr. Wong had a New York State pistol license that listed two handguns, apparently the weapons he used at the immigration services center: a .45-caliber Beretta and a 9-millimeter Beretta. The authorities matched the serial numbers of the two weapons found with the gunman’s body to the serial numbers on the pistol license. Officials said they were trying to trace the histories of the guns. Other public records indicated that Mr. Wong had also lived in California in recent years."

Glad this character wasn't using an evil assault rifle. That would've really gave the Leftiies something to squawk about (not that they're not going to squawk about it anyway). The anti-gun crowd love it when this kind of thing happens.

Isn't it interesting how these creeps always choose places where they know no one is armed to commit their dirty deeds? Wonder how long "Mr. Wong" would have lasted at an NRA convention?

-stray-

England
    because the average kid is reeeeeeaaaal sensible with a gun right?

Canada
    The only answer is to liquidate 3000 gun supporters, and 3000 anti gun freaks. Or just equip all kids with Katanas, cus like, they can deflect bullets and cut continents in half rite?

United States
    14 dead

I understand what you are saying, but had one properly armed and properly trained adult been there, perhaps the situation could have been minimized.

Funny thing, the population in Switzerland is awash in firearms, yet they do not have the problems with crime or gun violence that we seem to have, and their crime/violence rate is no where near that of Sudan, Somalia, Congo, Afghanistan, Gaza, and Iraq. So an argument that it is the proliferation of guns in our society that is responsible for incidents such as this is not entirely accurate.

Bottom line: A crazy lunatic determined to kill as many people as possible will do so with a gun, with poison, with a car or tractor, with a bomb, with a knife, with his hands, with a rock, and if forced to he will find a way to do it with a makeshift shiv made out of paper and spit. Perhaps we spend too much time looking at the means by which the killer kills, when we should spend our time focusing on the killer himself.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Wow another multiple killed shooting this week.

So much for the ammo shortage!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/04/...hot/index.html

Richard Poplawski was wearing a bulletproof vest when he opened fire on Officers Paul Sciullo III and Stephen Mayhle in the doorway of his Stanton Heights home at about 7 a.m., Harper said.
    Officer Eric Kelly, who rushed to the scene on his way home after finishing his shift, was fatally shot as he attempted to assist his fallen colleagues, Harper said.
    The shootings led to a standoff outside the home lasting nearly four hours, in which two more officers were injured, Harper said.
    Poplawski, who was armed with an AK-47 and a .22-caliber long rifle, fired about 100 rounds during the standoff, Harper said.
    Harper described the incident as the most deadly in the force's recent history.

Crazy huh? Good things he didn't use an assault rifle or the liberals would sure have something to get him for!

Oh...

A bulletproof vest, because every American knows that the right to body armor falls under the second amendment, you need an IBA to protect your house, its great for hunting elk too!

But those liberals were wrong! If he didn't have An AK-47 and a .22 long rifle he would have use a bulldozer or a knife to kill those three cops.

Funny thing, the population in Switzerland is awash in firearms, yet they do not have the problems with crime or gun violence that we seem to have, and their crime/violence rate is no where near that of Sudan, Somalia, Congo, Afghanistan, Gaza, and Iraq. So an argument that it is the proliferation of guns in our society that is responsible for incidents such as this is not entirely accurate.
    As is Israel, however they are TRAINED on how to use those weapons, and those who have no TRAINING are not allowed to carry weapons.

Could also be the fact that you can't show a tit on American prime time TV, but can show gross acts of violence.

United States
    I've got a proposal for the anti-gun people. Real simple. You want to take away my rights. You want my guns? Fine, you can have them. In return, you cannot have abortions, flag burnings, gay marriages, marijuana, alcohol, or state financial aid.

What? You mean you're willing to take someone else's rights, but don't want to give up your own? Now we see who's selfish.

United States
    As is Israel, however they are TRAINED on how to use those weapons, and those who have no TRAINING are not allowed to carry weapons.

Could also be the fact that you can't show a tit on American prime time TV, but can show gross acts of violence.

As a gun owner, I totally agree that folks should be forced to undergo safety training in order to own guns. But with that safety training, folks should then be able to own and carry ANY gun they want, including assault rifles and concealed carry.

And along those lines, there is another fundemental difference between the USA and Switzerland/Israel: Even with the extensive training that the FBI or the Armed Forces provides, there are states here that will still forbid these TRAINED individuals from owning weapons let alone carrying them concealed.

But regarding your other point: I wouldn't mind more breasts and less violence on TV either!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-Apr-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."