Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little something for Bassman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...they've just gotta be careful not to make Spider-Man 3 ...
    i was just thinking the same thing. i too read about the sun reporting that they were considering depp or murphy as the riddler (both terrible choices, and as someone has already mentioned here, i can't see the riddler being all that different from the joker with a few question marks on his attire...i say steer clear of the riddler ideas) and phillip seymore(sp?) hoffman as the penguin (again, another villain i'd rather not see back on film. and as for the idea of robin, that's just asking for campiness and dangerous levels of SUCK)

i really hope they put a (couple) of lesser known villains in the third film and stay away from rehashes of old crappy villains played by mega-actors....and no lame piano-dancing jazz club scenes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    man, i guess i really touched a nerve with that shoutbox jibe about a batnipples documentary.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    My vote would probably go with Black Mask, Hush, or Deadshot. Hugo Strange wouldn't be a bad choice, either.
    I would love to see Hush and have been saying so since TDK came out. I feel that Hush would be the best fit into the Nolan Batman universe, even if he is a lesser known character outside of the comic book fans.

And on that note, I would hate to see Penguin or The Riddler, those characters just don't do it for me.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Super Moderator

UK
    Also, just following up on something I forget to talk about before - Harvey Dent - I think Eckhart's Dent was better than Jones' personally.

It's unfortunate that Eckhart has been so overlooked. I think he did a proper good job.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also, just following up on something I forget to talk about before - Harvey Dent - I think Eckhart's Dent was better than Jones' personally.

It's unfortunate that Eckhart has been so overlooked. I think he did a proper good job.
    Too true. Ledger did an awesome job, but Eckhart did an equally awesome job and doesn't get any credit for it. Not to mention that it's basically HIS FILM.

I've heard people bitching about there not being enough screen time of Two Face, but that's not what they were going for. TDK is the rise and fall of Dent. The true story arc of the film. The joker just is. There is no real story to him. As Nolan put it, he just cuts through the film like the shark in Jaws. He's just there.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye indeed, Dent's story is his whole arc, it's certainly fairly late into the film when he becomes Two Face, but having seen it a couple more times, his transition makes more and more sense, and you see elements earlier in the film that flag up certain possible traits in his personality, that eventually help him become Two Face when everything goes tits up for him.

The Joker - a superb character, brilliantly played by Ledger here, and indeed my favourite version of the character, as much as I enjoyed Jack's gleefully silly take on the role.