Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best line in a video game ever...?

Fiji
    Halo chatter always does it for me. my favorite being from the first one, when one of the command sargents are providing cover against superior numbers.

"Ok people we've go company coming, lets set the table".

in context it's absolutely badass.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I love this one from Battlefield: Bad Company single player:

After you get shot badly:

"How many fingers.....do you have left?"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I love this one from Battlefield: Bad Company single player:

After you get shot badly:

"How many fingers.....do you have left?"
    hehe, that game has some great dialogue between Haggard and Sweetwater, and their little skits in the background whilst sarge is on the radio are great little bits of humour.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    hehe, that game has some great dialogue between Haggard and Sweetwater, and their little skits in the background whilst sarge is on the radio are great little bits of humour.
    Actually...

I dunno...maybe I'm expecting another Cod4...y'know? Cos I wasn't bowled over by that stuff at all, aside from that one line which made me laugh, I thought the "comedy" was completely misplaced in the middle of firefights, and intense wars. For all the cool destruction and devastation that you can cause in the game, the constant use of "comedy" (not inverted commas) throughout made me cringe a lot of the time....case in point: "this is bad, real bad" - "as bad as Kris Kristofferson's third album?"..."no...worse..."...I just though it was really misplaced, and didn't laugh at all really...they could've dumped all of that stuff, added a score beyond a country and western theme and added some intensity and it would have rivalled that of Cod4, but it took a totally different and childish direction.

I guess it was to differentiate between BFBC and COD4, as it already shares a lot of similarities....but I was just screaming out for a cinematic, intense experience and was instead met with a lot of bad comedy which didn't make me chuckle really...aside from that one line...

I dunno...I felt the single player was well tacked on...a shame really...but that's just my opinion in all it's humbleness, I'm glad it struck a note with you
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    But Bad Company isn't supposed to be serious, it's supposed to be a videogame equivalent of Kelley's Heroes...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But Bad Company isn't supposed to be serious, it's supposed to be a videogame equivalent of Kelley's Heroes...
    yeah I think you're right - I'm defo in the wrong "mode" when playing the single player...

capncnut
    "Best not to listen to him Torque. Floyd's a degenerate parasite, they shoulda slapped the cuffs on him coming out of his mama's c**t!" ~The Suffering

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    (amidst deafening machine gun fire)

"The guns aren't here!!"
    "WHAT??!"
    "THE GUNS AREN'T HERE!!!! THE KRAUTS MUST HAVE MOVED THEM SOMEPLACE ELSE!"
    "WE CAN'T STAY HERE WE'RE SITTING DUCKS!!!"

- COD2
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 28-Sep-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    "hola mortuary meat"

GTA vice city stories

Super Moderator

UK
    (amidst deafening machine gun fire)

"The guns aren't here!!"
    "WHAT??!"
    "THE GUNS AREN'T HERE!!!! THE KRAUTS MUST HAVE MOVED THEM SOMEPLACE ELSE!"
    "WE CAN'T STAY HERE WE'RE SITTING DUCKS!!!"

- COD2
    Funny you should mention that specific quote, that's one of my favourite exchanges in COD2 as well ... not sure why, but it always stuck with me. I must replay COD2 again some time actually. That was a quality game.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    COd2 is one of my favourite games of all time...I think that scene is powerful because it feels so damn real...its not particularly spectacular in what's being said but the way it's executed is plain awesomness!
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 29-Sep-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Undisclosed
    "If Astral dies, it doesn't matter, cause he's old anyways." Shining Force II, Sega Genesis/Megadrive

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    From saints row 1 (something to this effect)

"You don't look like you can handle yourself, but I don't look like I've got an 8 inch c0ck so I guess we're all full of surprises..."

Super Moderator

UK
    From saints row 1 (something to this effect)

"You don't look like you can handle yourself, but I don't look like I've got an 8 inch c0ck so I guess we're all full of surprises..."

That's pretty good, speaking of SR - I haven't played any SR2 today! There's simply too must entertainment to peruse!!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    yeah best line in that game...by far....

got sr2 in my glovebox...cant play til Monday!!