• No, there's nothing for me.

12 70.59%
  • All consoles are for pussies, i am part of the glorious pc master race

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay, so. the ps3.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I will never spend more than $200 to play games, period. So it'll be a long while before I get any of the current systems. When I do, it'll be PS3. I can take advantage of my older PS2 and PS1 games, and the other systems don't have anything I couldn't get for PS3 (that I'd want to play, anyway). And I have never, and will never, give one rat's ass about online play. I don't like multiplayer games.
    Good call, the PS2 has an amazing library of games - Persona 4 and Yakuza 2 are slated for this year. It's a shame you don't care about online play, some of my best gaming experiences online, blasting away bad guys with friends. Left 4 Dead looks to take the online co-op experience to the next level.

England
    Like others i own a 360, PS3 and a Wii.
    The 360 came first so thats where my online gaming is done due to the friends i've built up over the years along with the user friendly interface.
    My Wii is gathering dust in the corner and only gets dragged out for the odd game of tennis with friends.
    The PS3 i got with my latest mobile phone contract and i've only used it gamewise for Uncharted & Assassins Creed but it is a superb media server. Its got a 320gb HD in it where i watch all my xvids of tv shows, store and stream a huuuuuuuuuuuuge collection of music. This is its strength. I dont even use the blu-ray player much because my 360 hd-dvd is getting a canning at the moment with all the cheap hd-dvd deals. The blu-ray is something for the future.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i gotta say, if i cant, now i can afford one, get a ps3 that is backwards compatible with my vast ps2 collection, now i dont own a ps2 anymore, then i aint buyin'.

Undisclosed
    60gb has backwards compatbility and I think a new model is being released but yeah backwards is a big thing glad I grabbed a 60 when I could. They have stoped making them but some are floating round, looking forward to playing chicken with you in GTA Hells.
    Why arent you laughing?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    If you can find the 80G Metal Gear bundle and can afford it, then get it. Its has everything my 1st gen 60G version has plus Metal Gear, Dual Shock 3, and 20G more. Oh yeah, and like the 60G model its plays PS & PS2 cds.
    It does not have the PS2 hardware built in like your 60gig model, it still uses software emulation for it's backwards compatability and is compatable with a lot less games than the 60gig model is.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    Damn, really? You guys are screwed then. I am holding on to mine. They dropped the price of the PS3 after gutting it. But if you follow Sony advice about buying a slim PS2 & gutted PS3, then you will pay more than a 1st gen 60G model. That really sucks for gamers who were not able to afford the model that I own. My friend wants a PS3, but I told him to wait. What if his PS2 breaks? He'll spend more money on 2 Sony products. A lot of people want backwards compatibility when purchasing a next gen console. So they can play their older games. F#ck downloading a title from the PS store if you already own the game.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I have had my ps3 for a year, and have only owned two games.

I have had my xbox for just a bit longer and have bought and traded in tons of them.

Says everything.

MGS4 is good, but not worth buying the ps3 for. It's a rental game at best.

Don't buy it unless you want the blu-ray. It looks nice but the whole thing is really dog****.